Monday, March 10, 2014

Busy Day at Quilter's Junction!

Before I tell you how it's going on the Hawaiian quilt, I am going to tell you about my day at Quilter's Junction.


Evelyna Manier, owner of Quilter Junction, is awesome! She helped me get this quilt set up and we were able to get it to fit. I goofed, because when I checked to see if the backing would work, I didn't pay attention to the fact I was about 1/4" off on the sides. I'm not worried about it, as it's a scrap quilt and loosing 1/2" to the sides isn't going to be a big deal. Even if an inch comes off, it won't matter. I was able to get this basted and ready to start quilting on, with a hoop. This will be started once the Hawaiian quilt is finished.

I spent more time at QJ then I expected, but I did get a lot done. I ended up spending the whole day at Quilter's Junction.


I quilted this quilt. It took me little time compared to basting the other quilt. I have little experience with machine quilting, but I found the free "flowing" quilting to be fun. I found out that doing this smaller piece, I was not bored. lol - I did have fun. I need to trim the quilt and get it ready to for the binding. I bought black fabric for the binding, so it should go pretty quick. Once I get the quilt bound, I'll take a better photo so you can see  it completed.

As for the Hawaiian quilt, I'm happy to say, I've started doing the binding as I finish quilting the borders.


Sunday, I started sewing the two fabrics together. Then I went back over the seam with a quilting stitch.


I have a board (the brown) that I use to make sure the quilt is laying flat. It seems to help. Then I can hand quilt the rest of the areas.


This is the area that I have been working on. This way, I can do each area as I move, and by the time I get back around the quilt, it will finally be done. I'm looking forward to getting farther. I'll be working on it tonight.


Yesterday, we noticed our tree was down. Patrick planted the tree when the kids were in High School. Not sure if it will make it, but with all this rain we have been having, the yard is soaked. Guess all that water water logged the tree and it tipped. The funny part was later in the day when the tree was standing up straight. Neither Patrick or I touched the tree. I figure we have great neighbors and one of them must have straightened it up for us. Still not sure if it will make it, but keeping my figures crossed. Hate to loose trees. Bad enough this state has started cutting down the good trees to build more buildings.

Tomorrow is another day that will be busy. A friend is coming over, and not sure what I'll get done. I'm hoping I can be Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...