Sunday, March 2, 2014

Busy Week - Slow for Quilting

This week has been a busy one at that. Not all of it has been for quilting, but a good part of it has been connected to quilting.

Thursday was our group meeting (see my other blog - Haven't Missed A Stitch)  We had a pretty good time, and I actually got some work done. Anytime I can get stuff done at the group meeting, I'm feeling good. I took the two blocks from Affairs of the Heart, that I finished, with me to mark for the embroidery work. I'm happy to say, I was able to get the blocks marked without too much problem wise.


I tend to spread out! lol


The embroidery does take away from the "mistakes" that I didn't care for. Since I used the darker green on this block, some of the embroidery does get lost, but I think it will work out fine. There are a couple other blocks that I used this thread on, and they will work fine, I hope. I realize you will loose the overall look in the block, but I do like the way it comes and goes. I'll do the other block in reds and oranges, so it will match with the other colors I've been using in this quilt. All of them are variegated. 

I am now down to my last block, and will try to get that one started this week. I've been going through Physical Therapy to get my lower back to "bind." I have a "stiff" lower back. So, I'm having to go through PT to get it to move more. It's painful but I'm hoping it will help. 

I attended the Christian School's quilt show this year. It was awesome. I didn't see a lot of applique quilts, but I did see two Affairs of the Heart quilt that were done. One was my mother's, and the other was done by another group my mother is in. Mom's quilt was being used in the "bed turning" and "historical" type shows. Not sure why they had it, but they did talk about how mom was working on this quilt and everyone wanted to do it to. Which is true. When mom starts a quilt, and people like it, then she has about 10 other quilting friends that want to make it too. Make it hard on me, because mom has been known to see what I'm working on and then decide she's going to make that quilt too. She's done that about three times so far. Affairs of the Heart was one the group decided to get the BOM on, and after a couple of us where working on it, she decided to do it too. Mom is so much quicker at doing quilts then the rest of us, so she just took off and finished it before any of us did. Ticked me off! lol

On my list to quilt!  Another UFO!

I'm still looking for some really good quilter's blogs. I like to see what others are doing, what they are learning, and how they are doing with their quilts. Those are the blogs I like most. It keeps me interested in quilting, and it makes me think of what I really want to do next. I find Karen Goad's blog inspirational as she does so much and is so quick. She's an awesome quilter, and I find I like hearing about the weather, her cleaning her quilt room, and what all is going on. She's also a distant cousin through her husband, and we seem to have a lot in common. So, if you are like me, and need a "pick me up," then check out her blog - Karen's Quilting.

Once in a great while, don't forget to hit the "ads" on this page. Those ads help keep this page free. Thank you and may you be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...