Tuesday, March 25, 2014

First Corner of Four!

Today was a sore day for me. I didn't get anything done yesterday, because of physical therapy and spending time with dad. Had a great visit with dad talking about his mother's family. We reviewed photos and made comments on the page set up on Facebook.

I'm pretty sure my bowling 9 games on Sunday and the "lunges" with therapy, has me paying for it! It was so funny how hard it was for me to get up let alone sit down! Patrick didn't believe me when I told him I was sore - till he saw me trying to get out of my chair. Guess we are getting old - was one of his comments. lol

So, I decided to spend the afternoon watching Castle, The Blacklist, and NCIS that I had recorded.


I spend most of my time putting in and ripping out my seams. I kept having one side buckle on me. I couldn't figure out how when I had the board behind as I pinned it to stay in place. Then I realized I was doing it all on one side.


After three tries, I found that if I pinned it one one side, then check the other side, and pinned on that side, it would stay in place. I kept from buckling. It made it easier to quilt once I had that done. I did get around the first corner of the four corners on this quilt The best part is that the fourth corner will be the end of the quilt.


I was able to get five rows of quilting in and this is getting me that much closer to the corner. I need to figure out how many of those will go on the bottom and work the way up to the center.

It's going faster now that I have figured out what will work best. I'm lucky enough to have tomorrow to myself and can work on laundry while I get around the corner. Hopefully this corner will be done tonight. That is if Charlie will let me.

I do realized a few quilters have a "thing" about pets on their quilts. I guess that is a matter of choice. My cat has been with me from the beginning of this quilt, and she thinks it's her quilt. I grew up with pets and they have always been a part of my life. So, I'm sorry if I offend anyone with seeing my cat on my quilts. She has her own quilt, but she would rather be in my lap then on her quilt, so I allow her time on my lap while I quilt. Pets can be fun! I don't know what I would do without them.

My mother finished her white on white quilt that I posted a photo of earlier (with her working on it). She's got that ready to go to Oklahoma to give to my nephew and his new bride. She has completed seven white on white quilts so far. All handmade. Including the binding.

I've been working on my genealogy lately, and my quilting is not getting as much attention as it should be. My soon to be daughter-in-law has been finding out more about my family then I could. I have been posting photos and newspaper clippings in hopes that helps. I need to do more letters in my blog "Letters of the Past."

As time goes along, I'm planning to be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...