Saturday, March 29, 2014

Like a Frog - Rip, Rip, Rip!

Today was one of those days that I wanted to get around the corner of my Hawaiian quilt. I spent part of the afternoon working on it.


The more I quilted, the more I noticed the buckling. I started to see more problems than I wanted to see. SOOOO, I decided I needed to fix the problem!


That meant ripping out the quilting stitches and trying again. I started with the center area that was buckling and cut the stitches so it would be easier to pull the thread out with. The move I pulled out, the more I noticed I needed to go farther than I thought. I also decided I would change the way I wanted to quilt the corner in. I brought the lines around the the designed area instead of working from the edge up to the other designs.


It's like what we were taught in the beginning - start in the middle and work your way out! I was trying to bring the "out" to the "center."


This give you an idea of what I'm talking about. I pinned the edge because I believe I may have to take part of that out, and then resew it. The background fabric has more fabric then the front, which has the sandwich off. I'm going to quilt it to the edge and see what I need to do. I will have some stitches that will be the corner, but it won't be as much as I had before I started ripping

Once gal on Facebook talked about how we are like frogs - rip, rip, rip. So, I guess you can say I was rip, rip, ripping more than I wanted to. I've been working on this corner way too long.I seriously need to figure this corner out and move on.

I'm looking forward to doing some applique. This week my folks will be leaving for Oklahoma and I'll be at their house over night one night. I am hoping to work on a lot of stuff.

So, at this rate, I'll be working on the corner tonight. May you all be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...