Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Never Ending pile of Scraps!

Today started out slowly. I slept in for awhile, did my exercises, and played games till about noon. I started the stove downstairs to heat up my quilting room. Figured I better go down and try to finish up or even clean up what I started yesterday.


Before I even started I had these out there from yesterday's "hurry up" and leave. I am getting a lot more squares then I ever expected.


This is the pile I still have to go through, as well as more in the closets. I never dreamed I had that much in small pieces. I even found some fabrics I forgot I had, and fabrics that were given to me, and I didn't realize I had.


Here's all my 1 1/2" squares that I'm sending out in the mail this week. It's going to be nice to get rid of them, so I wouldn't have to figure out what to do with them. lol


When I got tired of cutting and folding fabrics, I cut and sewed the binding on the Superbowl Soup quilt. I have already started sewing it down by hand. I realized I forgot to cut and sew the sleeve on it, so will do that tomorrow. Talked to my daughter and I'm thinking I'm going to sent it to her for her wall. I have no idea what I will do with it.

I decided to take some of my red and blue fabrics that are cut into 5" squares and make some 9 patch blocks for Quilts of Valor.


Made one with the red on the outside and then -


The blue on the outside. I have them ready to mail. I'm hoping to get them out this week as well. I have three blocks to send. I've told my group - Haven't Missed A Stitch to bring some at our next meeting and I'd send them out. I'm hoping to be able to send enough for a quilt with our group, but not sure how busy they are and if they can do it.

When I finally decided to call it good, I had a lot of my fabrics on the boards. I'm getting quite a few of them on the boards. I think I have used at least half of the package. Not sure if I want to order another package.


I'm still trying to decide if I want to put my solids on the boards or if I want to keep them folded. I used to collect solids for an Amish quilt top. Now I have so much of it, I really don't know what I want to do with them. If you have any suggestions, let me know. I found fabrics from Australia that was sent to me for my Birthday gifts. I had a couple awesome friends from Australia that I kept in contact for over 10 years. About 5 years ago, we lost contact. I'd love to go to Australia and look them up!

Tonight I will get moving on getting the binding done on the quilt. It will be nice to be able to say, "One more UFO is DONE!" I'm really happy about seeing all these UFO's getting finished. I'm looking forward to getting a couple more done while at Retreat in May. I've decided to finish the Enigma Star at retreat. I order a bolt of black, so that should be coming in this week. I can always use black, as that is one background I really like using. I'm really hoping to start the quilt that I got the pattern from in North Carolina. Funny how I was asking both my husband and my son, what patterned they liked the most, and they couldn't decide! I have been collecting fabrics for it already (those are with the pattern and not getting cut up).

It's getting to be 8 pm here, so I'm going to close this, pull the quilt out, and finish the binding up. Then I'll post the photo of the quilt. I'll work on the Hawaiian after I get done with this. I'm looking forward to getting back to the Hawaiian and planning to be Happy Quilting!

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...