Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Scraps and more Scraps!

The last couple days have been interesting. Between physical therapy, quilting, cooking, laundry, and scraps, I'm keeping busy. 


Of course this isn't all I have! Yesterday I went downstairs to cut some of the smaller pieces of fabric while waiting for my comic book boards to arrive. I pulled out a few of the scraps and found they were folded wonderfully - and there wasn't much there! So, I cut up more fabrics to strips and blocks. 


The fun has just been started, because this is only one side of my scraps! The top shelf is one that I'm going to have to cut into pieces, and it's fun to go through all this. It's funny how I forgot what fabrics I have! The second and third shelve are fabrics that are bigger than 1 or 2 yards. So, I will probably just straighten it up. I'll pull out the smaller fabrics and put them on the boards. 


This is the other side of the shelves. I have two rows on that second shelve as well as two rows on the other upper shelf. Should be interesting to see how much of this will "shorten" and less. It will be interesting. I was even thinking of selling some of the squares on here and who knows a couple of books that I don't use or don't want anymore. Should be fun to do that. I need to see how I can do that through PayPal and post them on another page. I have books I don't need anymore, and that way I can buy the books I want. lol - It's called trading!


I've been working on the border of the quilt. I don't use a hoop, and I'm not as straight as I would like, but it's working. At this rate, it will take me another month before it I get to sewing the binding. ugh. I should just sit here during the day and get it done, but I think it's like having kids, the long I work on it, the longer it takes to let go. 

Today I drove up to SeaTac to pick up a friend. She's my walking partner. Anyway, while I was waiting on her to call at the cell phone parking area, I was able to get some embroidery done on block #35. It's a start and I will probably get it done before too long. I need to start the applique on the last block here pretty soon. I'm actually looking forward to getting that done and put together. That will be one more project done. I'm looking forward to getting a few projects done this year!

Physical Therapy tomorrow morning. Comic boards arrived today, so I'm hoping to be Happy Quilting - tomorrow afternoon. 

May you be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...