Thursday, March 6, 2014

Under a pile of Scraps!

Today started out wet. It's been raining all day. I was able to sleep in because of the rain, which was nice, till I received a phone call from "New York, NY" phone number. That darn number keeps coming up twice a day for the past week. I've listened to see who's calling, and when they do pick it up, I hear some "oversea" voices chatting. Then they hang up. Don't you just love people that like to waste your time?!

After that, went next door to play cribbage and won two games out of three. Came home, went downstairs and heated up the room, so I could work downstairs on my scraps.


I found a lot of scraps that I could cut up into squares. So, today was more cutting then rolling up fabrics on the boards.


Under all those scraps, I'm finding "pieces" of fabrics that are either cut into squares or just pieces. So, I was able to cut them into squares, or just trim them to a good size square. It felt good to get them cut up and put into squares.


I also found this package from the retreat that needed to be cut up.


There are some really pretty fabrics in this package. I was able to cut the small strips into 4" squares. That was handy, but I was surprised that the strips were half strips and where not cut that great. So, I trimmed them down to 4" and then cut them into squares. A couple of them were shorter than the others, but I was able to get 1 1/2" squares as well.


After a couple hours I had some of my fabrics rolled and ready to go with the others on the boards. I didn't find fabrics that match the ones in front, yet, but I will when I get going again.


I cut all these squares this morning, and found a few more that I didn't include in this photo. This was the most I have done with bigger fabrics lately. I had more 5" squares then I've had in a long time.


This is my 3 - 4 1/2" squares in the box. As you can see, I've been getting a lot done lately.


This box has my 2 - 2 1/2" squares in them. I have a lot of 2" squares. Those stacks are getting bigger as well.


And then there is my box of 1 1/2" squares. I'm amazed at how many I have so far. This pile seems to grow a heck of a lot faster then any of the others. Still not sure what I will do with them, but I do know they will work great for circle in applique! - At least, I'm hoping!


My larger blocks (5 - 7 1/2" squares) is also growing. I need to figure out where and how I'm going to store them. May have to wait for another sale at Micheal's to get a few more boxes. I just don't know now, where I'm going to store them. I had it set in my mind, but when the larger shelves didn't work out, I'm having to figure out what next. I'll wait and see how many more scraps I have. I've been cutting more fabrics then I thought I would, so that's a good sign. I'm not rolling a ton of fabric - again a good thing. My shelf of rolls is "packed" so I will have to figure out where the next set of boards will go.

I'll be thinking about that more. So, I was thinking about what to do next, called it quits on cutting and rolling. Then headed upstairs, unloaded the dishwasher, putting pots and pans away, sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor, and vacuuming.


Poor Charlie, had to be picked up (with the quilt) off the floor to go in the chair while I cleaned. Funny how one gets tired of the mess and then cleans! I haven't been home much for the past week, and i wanted to clean how - go figure.

Now, I'm watching all the shows I recorded - like Elementary, NCIS, and Rizzoli & Isles. So, I'm going to check on the games I have going, then pull the quilt out from under Charlie and get some more quilting stitches on it. I'm hoping to be quilting the rest of the day! I'm looking forward to being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...