Monday, August 25, 2014

Busy Day

Today was a busy day. Forgot how much "sh**" one has to do when one gets back from 2 weeks of fun.

I had a doctors appointment today to figure out what to do with my finger on my left hand. I have a bump on the middle finger, that is painful. So, we talked about it today, and I decided they can go in and remove it. It will take me 7-10 days of recovery, so bowling is out till the stitches are out. I will go in on the 4th to have it removed. Not looking forward to it.

Took Patrick his phone, since he forgot it this morning. After the doctors appointment went to mom's and gave her the pattern I bought for her. I also played a couple games with her on the computer. She was asking for help. I left around noon and went to the eye doctors to pickup my glasses. I'm still not too crazy about them, but everyone else seems to like them. Sent a selfie to Katt to see what she thought. I need to work on "selfies" as she "texted" back what mistakes I took when taking the photo. lol


While at the doctors, I was able to get some of the basket done. Not a lot, but it was the only thing I had ready to work on. I need to mark the last block of the Affairs of the Heart to do the embroidery. I also need to get ready to do the border of the AOTH quilt.


Since I've been home, I've been working on this cross stitch. It's getting along nicely. I've started on the cat, which you can see coming along. I really like the way it's coming along, and at times I try to decided where I'm going to go next.

I went next door to play cribbage and see who Flo is doing. She's the one with stage 3 cancer in her lungs. She was off getting her hair done, and the good news is that she has a positive attitude with all this. She acts like this is in her way of what she has planned, and wants to get it over with. I love her attitude and she has everyone around her positive!  Patrick's Uncle has bone marrow cancer, and we where thankful for the time we had with him while we were in MI. Hopefully he will be there when we go back.

I made a dessert last night, and was disappointed! It didn't turn out as good as it looked. Patrick's not eating it - can't blame him! - so this may end up in the trash in a couple days. When something is good around here, it goes fast.

Life is good, and I'm still Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...