Thursday, August 7, 2014

Taking my Time this Time.

I'm actually getting back into enjoying working on the Affairs of the Heart block.


The hearts turned out great, and the flower that goes toward the corner turned out pretty good. I was surprised at how enjoyable this is compared to the one I ripped out. I'm done with this side and am working on the opposite side now. I was a little worried about how it would come together, but it worked out fine.

Today I was working on the garage sale stuff. I loaded up Patrick's truck and took the stuff down to the neighbors to get ready to sell. I had to go to Phil's to get a table and picked up a few things from him as well. Patrick didn't do much in getting this ready. He left all that work to me. Even let me drive his truck to Phil's so that shows how much he wasn't into this sale. lol

I will take over the batting and backing to mom's how tomorrow on my way to the doctors. That way she will have it when she gets back and I can spend part of Monday getting it ready to go get basted. Looking forward to coming back to the quilt basted. Then I'll have to kick butt and get it quilted by Christmas........um...I know what your thinking...."She still hasn't finished her Hawaiian quilt yet." Well, yea, I know.....(head down)...but I'm hoping to be able to finish them both this winter. May be spending a lot of time at moms working on it! ugh.
With mom's help, we'll be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...