Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Took the Block APART!

Today was a good day. I went to the Mt. St. Helen's quilt group. There I was able to get my block appliqued. The best part - I'm getting closer to getting these blocks done!


Still have a few more things to applique on here, plus do embroidery, but it's close to being done.

I came home early because we had an eye appointment. Then fixed supper. Phil called and said she would be here tonight, so I decided I would let him use my sewing machine to make a belt. We had a good time while he was here. I stayed down there with him working on the last block of the Affair of the Hearts.


This is what I HAD. I didn't like it, and I was talking about it at the group today. I told a couple of the women there that I wasn't going to take it out. It was off center and I was going to just leave it alone. YEA RIGHT! I got home, pulled it out and still wasn't happy with it. I figured I'd NEVER get it done if I didn't take it apart.


At first I was going to redo the colors of the other part I didn't have done. Then I pulled out all my bags of scraps from the other blocks I made. I then decided on what colors I wanted where.


I started out with one section, and ended up doing them all!


I used the freezer paper (for printers), and cut out the pieces. Then I picked what I wanted. I had them all done, then went and took all those pieces above out. YEP, I ripped, ripped and ripped them all out. Had to get all the threads out of the fabric. Picking all that is a major pain! So, now I can mark the block again, and start putting the pieces back on. I just hope I can get my hearts to work this time!

As you can see, I'm back to being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...