Monday, May 11, 2015

Day After Retreat

After we got home from my parents, I went to bed. I was so tired! I slept from 8 pm to 6:30 pm. I fnd myself wanting to go to bed even now! I couldn't stay focused all day! I'm planning on staying up if I can tonight.

Patrick was getting ready for work this morning and the next thing I knew he was running around looking for the plunger and towels. For the first time in YEARS the toilet overflowed. I asked if he flushed twice and he said he did, but didn't know it hadn't gone down. THEN he ASKED ME if I plugged it answer was somewhere in the range of - "been gone for four days, and I'm pretty sure I didn't have a reason to plug it when I got home." He left and I ended up cleaning up the bathroom. We pulled out the towel draws (on wheels) and I couldn't believe all the dust under it and around it! So, before putting it back, I washed it up. Got all the dust and crap off it, and put it back. Mopped the floor.

After all that was done, it was time to go the Brazilian embroidery class. I got there pretty close to time to start. Of course I forgot a few things, like the pattern, scissors, and threads. Wouldn't you know it, our teacher wanted to double check with all of us that we had all the pattern pages! Which meant I had to come home and pick up my stuff.

Of course it was under this big mess from the retreat. I haven't put it all away yet, and will try to do that tomorrow. I really need to put some of this away.

I put more leaves down before we worked on the rose. We learned how to do the rose. I have a few buds to before our next meeting. I hope to have the rest of the green done as well.

I love the way it came out.

After class, I called Rita to see if I needed to go to the shop and drop off the photos from the retreat. Good news was she forgot the thumb drive. Gave me time to go to the store and get some food. We chatted to figure out a way I could get the photos to her. I thought it was so funny she was the one that forgot, 'cause it's usually me that does that. This weeks is pretty quiet and I want it to stay that way. Next week is way too busy for me, but I'm okay with it. I'll get those photos to her next week, I think. Might as well do it when I'm already running around. That way, maybe, just maybe, I can work on Katt's quilt.

I got two magazines in today! I was thrilled. TAS newsletter (magazine) and McCall's Quilting magazine came in. I also got the extra CD from McCall's Quilting of last years issues, favorite scrap quilt patterns and Heritage quilt patterns. I will check out the CD later.

I didn't have this to show yesterday. This is what I had done at retreat, which really isn't much. I did the leaves, have a few more to add. I started on one of the grapes.

A little closer look
I think I will sit here tonight and work on the embroidery and the eagle. I will have embroidery to do on the eagle. I'm actually getting excited about working on it. I did get the eye on it at the retreat. I also put the eye on Donna's block. So, she has two applique eagles to put a quilt or two together.

I was actually thinking about my time at retreat. I want to figure out if I want to go back next year. We got a gift package when we got there, but it really didn't have anything I needed. Rose and I made the bookmarks and cases for Kleenex. They didn't tell me I needed to make a few more, so I only made 35. I wasn't too thrilled to find out the worker where getting one over the two quilters that help put the retreat together. Food was cold and ALL carbs. Not only did I GAIN a LOT of weight, it was cold and tasteless.  I didn't mind, because I wasn't going for the food. I did have a good time and got a lot done. It did get loud a few times, but then it did quiet down at other times. I loved walking around there. It helped me in more ways then one. Still ticked I gained weight though because it took me a long time to lose what I had lost. We didn't get much after the first day. They did collect 50 blocks and they were split among 4 winners. 12 blocks a piece with the first and second getting an extra. Donna was lucky and won some blocks. She'll do awesome with the blocks. She knows how to do that in a way that is unique. Not sure if I'll go back next year. May do a different retreat.

Charlie has missed me, she followed me all over the place. I'm still keeping busy with my projects, and I'm having a blast. I can't wait till Wednesday when Patrick leaves so I can enjoy the house to myself. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband, I just enjoy not having to worry about feeding him or wondering what he wants. Let alone, what time it is. Plus, since he left me all the laundry, I need to get caught up! lol

All's good, I'm still tired, but I'm still Happy Quilting!

BE Meeting And Cross Stitching

This morning was our BFF (BE meeting) day. I was all ready to go. Called Cherry to see if she was going. She was waiting on the guys that do...