Friday, November 27, 2015

Not Crazy Enough To Go Shopping Today!

I enjoyed the day of being able to sleep in - not that I did. I had a night mare, where I was kidnapped and then bit off the guys finger! Then spit it back at him! Go figure! Makes me wonder what in the word I was watching that made me think of that!

I worked on laundry today, as it was growing, even when I wasn't looking. Got a lot done, and then vacuumed. Patrick worked out in the yard, and let me tell you, it was COLD. I was surprised he still went out. He wanted to get all those leaves picked up. I stayed in the house where it was warm, and NO I'm not crazy enough to go about on Black Friday! I did that one year in OK when I was in my 20's. I won't do that again!


I spent the day cleaning and quilting! I have more of this quilt done then I thought I did. It's coming along great.


It's coming along pretty good. I like the way it's going. I added an extra line in the "vane" of the leaf to give it more life. I think it actually helped it out. May try and do leaves on the border, but then I'm not there yet, so won't know till I get there.


This way one can see where I am.

Alice asked about the pot holder pattern, and I "kinda" gave the information on the comment page. I did forget to tell her - the yarn I use is the "peaches & creme" yarn. That's the name of the company, but it's the yarn that can be used for hot pads and wash rags. It doesn't have yarn that melts. It's the real thing.

I will try and re-write what I wrote to her:

I usually figure out how big I want my pot holder. I have made some big ones, from square to rectangle. Depends on what one wants. Then I chain the length I want. In this case I have been chaining 37. So, chain (ch) 37, turn, single crochet (sc) in the second chain from the last chain, sc in each ch, sc 3 in last ch, continue around the back of the chain sts. sc all the way around, without stopping. It goes in a circle. When there is enough (fold the points together, see if the work done comes to the fold. If they come in even then start to finish the pot holder). Finishing the pot holder, at the corner, ch 10, sc in same sc with 10 ch sts, then finish by sc back of the two sides, till getting to the end, then finish off. Hide the tail, and there is your potholder.

A very dear old friend taught me how to do that about 30 years ago. It's easy and fast. I need to go get more yarn, and will probably brave the crowds tomorrow to get another cone of the yarn. I just hope I can find another cone!

I'm getting dirty looks for having my lap full of the laptop. So, I guess I better make room for Charlie and get back to getting the quilt done. I got a cool picture from Donna on the quilt she's doing to QOV. My eagles are on top and the blocks are below them. It looks awesome and I'll post it when I get a better photo. I just have the "maybe" part of it.

Yesterday was awesome, Patrick and I had a good day together. We had a wonderful meal and laughed, with a teary eyes. We love having family for Thanksgiving but it wasn't meant to be this year. Katt didn't get a Thanksgiving, so I can't complain. We enjoyed our "feast" and watched a few movies. Life is good. We couldn't be prouder of our children. We think of some of our friends and what they are going through....I happy with our life!

Tomorrow is another day...Saturday, so we'll be out and about because that's what Patrick does on Saturdays....and I'll get back to being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...