Sunday, April 3, 2016

A Day To Relax....Sort Of...

I started out early this morning. I wanted to sleep in but wasn't so lucky. I sat and worked on the computer for a little bit, played games. Just was lazy to start. I didn't take a shower till it was about 11 am. Felt good to stay in PJ's and robe!

Once I finally got started - I started laundry and then emptied the dishwasher.


While I was slow in getting moving, Patrick was out working in the yard.


I decided to go out on the deck and enjoy the weather. It was so pretty today and around 73 degrees. The wind was blowing and felt good on the deck.


I appliqued the flag to the pole. I took it downstairs when I was done to be with the wings. I'm hoping to get them on the background here pretty soon.


I appliqued the petals on - till I realized I had one petal missing. I remembered seeing it downstairs on the counter. Then I remembered I was passing that around so much that I throw it out. So, I went down digging in my trash can. I Found IT! lol -


Then I added it on to the block. Now I need to pick a color for the center and I'm thinking I will do an orange or something in that direction. I will work on that later.


Then I worked on the embroidery piece I have been working on. I like the roses that I'm doing. The second rose didn't work as well as I wanted it to, but it looks fine. Some I'm going to keep it.


Two down and I believe I have 4 more to go. I'm having fun with this piece. I guess that's hy I want to keep working on it.

I'm going to see Donna tomorrow and help with the quilt for the eagle I just finished. I'm going to talk to her about the blocks I want to do for dad's quilt too. I should take the fabric over to her place to see what we can do with it.

Bowling was tonight. I bowled a 201, 156, 222. I'm getting back up there. I was having trouble in the second games. No worries, I was able to pull it out on the third game. We lost that game, but won 3 out of 4 games.

Life is good....Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Another Blot On Life

 I haven't been able (or forgot) to do my blog. I am having to be in the hospital for a few more days.  On March 7th, my daughter's ...