Today started out with a good walk. After that, came home and got the car loaded with my sewing machine and supplies. Yep, that's what I said - sewing machine.
Arrived early at the shop and waited till it opened at 10 am. Our meetings don't usually start till 11 am, but in order to get a place to set up, needed to be there early. I set up my sewing machine and bought some fabric to work on. I didn't have as much QOV fabric as much as I wished. So, I knew I would be sewing some half square triangles.
I stacked and sorted the QOV fabrics. I pinned them to the sheets for the half square triangles. I was surprised at how much I was able to get done. I had an enjoyable time working on them, but after a while I decided to call it good. I brought home the ones I needed to iron. I can do that tomorrow.
This is what I did get done.
This is one of the quilts that the gal in green made. I have always loved the "Jewel Box" pattern. It looked good in the patriot fabrics. I may have to try that one later. (As I typed that, I noticed my dyslexia showing up - I had it "later one.")
I got home around 4 pm and started working on supper. Afterwards, I played a couple games. I haven't played the games all day! lol - Can't complain, I was thrilled that I put time in on the QOV quilts.
Donna worked on our quilt. It's really looking good! Can't wait to see it quilted! We have a quilter and she's going to leave the area around the applique alone. Donna and I will quilt around the applique by hand. I think that will bring it out more. I'm looking forward to getting it back.
Today was a good day for me. I enjoyed sewing on the machine - yep, I said that! I also enjoyed seeing what everyone did. There were more quilts done. One of the members is quilting on some of the quilts, so they are coming in faster. They showed 5 that he completed in the last month. He has a mind set of doing a quilt a day. He's done some nice quilts. They are the designs that the quilt machine does and not the "free motion." I really like free motion quilts. If I ever get a quilt machine that machine quilts, I will try to do the free motion. It's a lot more fun for me. (Even though I tend to get bored.)
May we all be Happy Quilting!
Arrived early at the shop and waited till it opened at 10 am. Our meetings don't usually start till 11 am, but in order to get a place to set up, needed to be there early. I set up my sewing machine and bought some fabric to work on. I didn't have as much QOV fabric as much as I wished. So, I knew I would be sewing some half square triangles.
I stacked and sorted the QOV fabrics. I pinned them to the sheets for the half square triangles. I was surprised at how much I was able to get done. I had an enjoyable time working on them, but after a while I decided to call it good. I brought home the ones I needed to iron. I can do that tomorrow.
This is what I did get done.
This is one of the quilts that the gal in green made. I have always loved the "Jewel Box" pattern. It looked good in the patriot fabrics. I may have to try that one later. (As I typed that, I noticed my dyslexia showing up - I had it "later one.")
I got home around 4 pm and started working on supper. Afterwards, I played a couple games. I haven't played the games all day! lol - Can't complain, I was thrilled that I put time in on the QOV quilts.
Donna worked on our quilt. It's really looking good! Can't wait to see it quilted! We have a quilter and she's going to leave the area around the applique alone. Donna and I will quilt around the applique by hand. I think that will bring it out more. I'm looking forward to getting it back.
Today was a good day for me. I enjoyed sewing on the machine - yep, I said that! I also enjoyed seeing what everyone did. There were more quilts done. One of the members is quilting on some of the quilts, so they are coming in faster. They showed 5 that he completed in the last month. He has a mind set of doing a quilt a day. He's done some nice quilts. They are the designs that the quilt machine does and not the "free motion." I really like free motion quilts. If I ever get a quilt machine that machine quilts, I will try to do the free motion. It's a lot more fun for me. (Even though I tend to get bored.)
May we all be Happy Quilting!



Comments