Friday, April 8, 2016

I Actually Sewed Today!

This morning I was up and ready to go. So I thought. I was eating breakfast and relaxing in my chair when I was feeling like I needed to go back to bed! Weird, but I kept going.

I worked on the computer and headed downstairs. I was working pretty good and it felt like I had a long day ahead - not long in "ugh" but in "wow, I thought it was later then it is."


First things first. I needed to get started on the ironing I didn't do the other day.


Next I put the half square triangle paper on my fabric. Started sewing them up. I also worked on my strap strips. I added more to the strips so that I could have enough to do the half square triangles with it as well. Yep! I have three quilt tops going at once..when will I learn? Just like the song says, "When will I learn!"


I wanted to see if the strips would work for a QOV quilt. I do like the way they are coming out. It's a scrap quilt and it works. I'm happy with the way it came out. I think I'm going to do squares in the corners. I really don't want to do the half squares in the corner. The background is the bolt of fabric I bought the other day.


Got started on my stack to sew! I really, really did have a big stack! I was happy with how it went today. Then I cut them out.


I have them all cut! now I need to rip the paper off and iron them. They are now sitting next to me to do tonight. That way I can iron it this weekend. I have three different ones going. The strip half square triangles are the 4" blocks. The black and off-white is 6" blocks. I also have another QOV set of blocks that are 6" as well.


I took a break and fixed a homemade pizza. I was going to take a photo of it before we cut into it, but that didn't happen. As one can see, it went fast.


Last night I worked on this block. I do love working with Brazilian embroidery. It's fun and really pretty. Plus I get a quicker result then I do with quilting at times.


I'm working on my last rose. Then I have to do the cast-on flowers. I'm looking forward to working on that.

Today was a great day for working on my projects. I enjoyed the sewing machine - yea, I know, mark the calendar - I actually enjoyed myself today!

Looking good and looking forward to working on the blocks again. Bowling is all day Sunday. Not sure I can get much done this weekend, but I can hope! Happy Quilting!

An Interesting Day Before Thanksgiving

Usually today is prep day. But this year we are going to my parents for Thanksgiving because dad wanted to do the turkey. I'll miss not ...