Thursday, June 30, 2016

"No, You DIDN'T?!"....YEA, I did!!

This morning started out with a good walk. Same old same old. Then I came home and played a few games before taking Ruth to the eye doctor. She had her eyes dilated so I had to drive her. Just before we left, I went downstairs and stared cutting for the NEW PROJECT! Yea, I DID! I know, I'm not supposed to start something without finishing 2 things! Ugh...I'm at it again!


I cut some of the cross pieces to work on the English paper piecing. I really don't know the name of this one, but I will figure it out and post it.


I was using the template I bought to cut out the pieces.



I had a good stack of fabric that I can work on while at the doctors waiting room. I wanted to be sure I had something to work on. I really don't like waiting, so this was a good thing for me to work on.


I was able to get a good amount done. I like the way it was going. Really didn't take a lot of work, but it does get a little boring after awhile. So, I pulled out my phone and played games for a little bit. Ruth was in there for a good hour. I kept busy and didn't pay too much attention to everyone comes and going. That office was really busy and I didn't need to show everyone that I was listening in on their business. I just keep to my task at hand.

Then came home and returned mom's call. She wanted to go to the museum and get a plaque for my dad as well as my brothers. The plaque will take about 2 weeks. It will be put in the museum. When my brothers show up, we will take everyone to the museum to see it. Mom even got me a membership to the museum while we were there.

Came home and finished the Brazilian embroidery piece.


I added the beads and finished with the stems that I missed. It turned out really good. I wanted the flowers to come out a little better, but gave up after awhile. I know what I need to do next time. I didn't pull the work tight enough, is what I'm thinking.

Patrick came home with Pizza and it was really good. I was doing pretty good today. Now I'm ready to sit back and work on my cross stitch again. I'll get back to my applique tomorrow. I have a long list of stuff I want to do. I'm trying really hard to work on them all but when it comes down to it, I just need to finish what I started! I need to do one at a time and get them done. The cross stitch will probably be the one thing I will finish this summer. I also saw the quilt downstairs and know I need to get that done too. I wanted to do an afghan for my nephew but I don't think that will happen. I finished one project, but I needed to finish two before I started on that scrap quilt above.....now I need to finish three projects before I start another. I'm hoping to do that. I have the birds I started at Seminar to work on, but I really have other stuff to do first.....or so I keep telling myself. At least one project is done. Wish me luck on the next one.

I'm still working on my quilting....but not as much as I should.....Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...