Thursday, July 7, 2016

Blueberries and Basting a Baby Quilt!

This morning was a good morning for walking. We get a good 2.5 miles during the week days. I actually enjoy walking with her.

Came home and realized I needed to get to my blueberries. I picked about 10 cups of blueberries. It took two trips. I filled one pot and then I came in to clean them.

Mom arrived around 11:30 am and we went downstairs to baste the baby quilt she has for my nephew and his wife that are due in August. It won't take her long to have it done. I haven't done anything, gave up on doing quilts and things for all my nieces and nephews. My older brothers children are having children and it seems like one after another. He has 5 children, and in Aug. all of them will have had one child. One of my nephews is headed for the 2nd child in that family. I may do something for him. That baby isn't due till December.


I've been busy with my cross stitch again.


Working on the hummingbirds on both sides of the piece.

I'm enjoying my days. Tomorrow is quilting at moms and lunch with a friend. I'm looking forward to less busy weeks. Thursday and Friday quilting will now be different weeks. That's going to help me out. I hated it when I was busy a week, then less busy, and back to busy. We don't have BE meetings until the 18th, and I'm missing the group already.

I'm back to working on my projects, and have ideas for my quilt for dad. I'm beginning to get back to working on them. I need to pull out my light box and work on some ideas. I'm going to have to applique and embroider dad's Security Service patch for the quilt. I'll see what I can do. I have a couple ideas that would work.

Worried at times at where our country is going. We have become a country that points fingers. Patriotism is loosing. Time will tell.

In the meantime I'm Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Another Blot On Life

 I haven't been able (or forgot) to do my blog. I am having to be in the hospital for a few more days.  On March 7th, my daughter's ...