Wednesday, July 20, 2016

From One Thing To Another....

Today I was up as usual, but didn't get my walk in. I did do a lot of walking around the house, but that didn't make up for what I didn't do.

I had to send a message to my BE group to let them know I couldn't host the BE meeting on the first. I'm really bummed about it, but that's life. I then got the sheets from the two beds downstairs and worked on my laundry. Took the sheets and put them out on the line. That way they will be ready for company next weekend.

I then thought of an idea for my needles last night while reading the book on the Civil War quilts. I read the story about the Confederate quilt. It talked about a raid along the MO. I enjoyed the reading, and found where they talked about the sewing kits that the Union soldiers took with them. I liked the way it was fold-able. So, I decided to modify it for my needle case. I wanted one where I had a lot of room for all the different needles, from tapestry to quilting. I will also have my pins on one of the pages as well.

I sewed the sheets for the needles. I found the floss to use for decorations. I've got a few more things I'm going to do with it, but I have 6 sheets for each of those in the photo. That gives me 12 sheets. I have 2 to 1 on the yellow to the green sheets. I'm going to attached that scissor holder and put ribbon for the rings I have. I want to have my needles handy. Yep! I DID IT! I actually started another project without finishing one!! When am I going to learn...heck if I know! I seriously need to finish some projects.

My day was spent with picking blueberries, answering phone calls, and trying to get mom calmed down. Dad went and got shingles and she is scheduled for surgery on the first. She's not happy with dad right now. Now it's a wait and see if she gets it. If she does, then they will have to reschedule her hip surgery, and she doesn't want that.

Our phone rang none stop today! It was the Republican party telling who to vote for, the magazine company trying to get me to renew, neighbors, and of course my parents. I didn't get as much done as I was hoping, but with a lot of phone calls and trying to get some laundry and other things done, it didn't work out for me.

I did sit down for about 1 hour before Patrick got home.

I've started bring life to the cross stitch. It's slow but fun to get the out lining done. I'll work on the bird tonight. I'm hoping to get a lot more done tonight.

So, even though I wanted to go down and quilt, time did not allow it. I will be working on the embroidery of my needle holder when I get the chance. I haven't decided on what I want to design on it, but when I do, I'll get moving on it. That's my BE group meetings.

Too many projects, too little time.....but I'm there....Happy Quilting!


This morning I was up bright and early. As soon as the sun was up, so was I. It had finally cooled down around 3 am this morning..... We t...