Thursday, July 14, 2016

Quilting and Potluck Day

Today started out as usual....guess I could just quit saying that..but, hey!, I do walk in the mornings.

After getting back (was running late today), I went looking to make sure I had something to work on when I get to the meeting. Didn't want to be like I have been in the past....forgetting something. I found the two blocks that I basted for the Baltimore Liberty. The good news was, I had two blocks I could work on. Surprise, Surprise!


I worked on this block at the meeting. Since it was our Potluck day, I didn't get a whole lot done. I was surprised, I really wasn't hunger today. I didn't take the medication that I was put on. I found out that that medication must be working, because not only did I have pains, I also had an "attack" around 4:30 pm where I sweated and shook so bad. I was dripping with sweat. I couldn't believe it.

I dropped of the cake at Patrick's work. I baked a cake yesterday for the potluck. It was so simple. I put the cherry filling in the bottom of a greased pan, sprinkled yellow cake mix over the cherries, and then poured 12 oz sparkling water (blackberry favor) over the top. I didn't have 7-up or Sprite, so I used the sparkling water. Baked it for 30 mins. It turned out great. Even I was surprised.


While I was at the meeting, Kathy H, brought her cross stitch she started years ago. She hadn't finished it, and was about to give it away. I told her I would finish it for her. There really isn't a lot that needs to be done. I have the floss and will finish it for her. I finished moms and now I'll finish hers.


Last night I was able to get a few more stitches in. I'm at a point where I'm not "thrilled" with the area that I have to work with. I'm hoping to get it closer to being done, then I can work on the next one I want to do.

I played a couple games on Pogo so I could get the games done for the weeks challenge. I finished one, just need to work on the other one

I did go down and quilt on the Butterfly quilt this morning before going to the meeting. I threaded about 10 needles, then I started quilting the butterfly "flights." I will make sure I get some time one the quilt tomorrow as well. I seriously need to get that done!


This is the area where I was working this morning. Since the center piece is finally quilted the rest should be easy going.

Back to normal! Happy Quilting!

An Interesting Day Before Thanksgiving

Usually today is prep day. But this year we are going to my parents for Thanksgiving because dad wanted to do the turkey. I'll miss not ...