Friday, November 25, 2016

Applique With Friends

Today I was up and on my way. It was a day of quilting at moms. I found out last night. So, I thought I would go since we didn't have anything planned and I don't do Black Friday.

Arrived at the folks at 9:30 am and I was the first one there. Closer to 10 am, Bev came in and Ethel was the next one. After that, no one showed up. So it was a day for 4 of us. We chatted and appliqued or quilted. Bev was working on her binding. Ethel on her applique, and mom on he quilt (quilting). I pulled out my box of applique and found I was missing the block I was doing for the quilt mom and I are working on. That was left at home in my bag.


I put the flower together on the friendship blocks that I need to finish up.


I started stitching down the stem and leaves of the flower. I did pretty good on getting more done then I usually do. I have a few more to do. Not sure how many blocks I need to finish up on.


I finished up the house yesterday on the cross stitch. I have the bottom of the cross stitch done, and working my way up the side (not in view). I'm not sure yet how I'm going to do the area of the tree, that goes over the top of this. Since I'm working on an angle, that angle will have to change to finish up the tree. Hopefully I'll figure it out when I get there.

Bev and I went to Michael's after our meeting. Thought I had a 40% coupon off on everything. I did, but it expired at noon. We still bought the totes for $5.99 each. I bought one and she got 2 more. Came home to Patrick cleaning up the VW. There was a rip in the seat, so I pulled out my needle and thread.

The rest of the day I've been sitting here working on my cross stitch. It's coming along great. Think I have put 300 stitches in already. Will post the picture tonight before I go to bed. I'll have more stitches in by then.

It's a good day...Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Another Blot On Life

 I haven't been able (or forgot) to do my blog. I am having to be in the hospital for a few more days.  On March 7th, my daughter's ...