Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Working On Binding

This morning I was up and off for walking 2.5 miles with Ruth, then another mile with Cherrill. I finally made it back home by 10 am.

It was time to get to work...which meant I needed to get downstairs and work on my quilt. I had to clean up my station and get the sewing machine table cleaned up.

Once I had it cleared off, I was able to put the quilt on the table for cutting. I had to trim the edges. There was some problems, as the quilt was waffling a little. I did what I could. There is an area that it will be noticeable but hopefully not as much as it could have been. I had one area where the back didn't make it to the edge. I had to trim that side down about a quarter inch shorter.

I had to square it up the best I could. I know some of it had to do with the quilting, but some of it was that the top didn't lay right.

Now I just need to sew the binding down. I've got the binding on the quilt, and from the front it looks good. I will have to wait and see how it turns out after I wash it. Once the bindings on, it's going in the wash. I need to find the blood spot that I knew was on it, as the person who put it together told me about it. Now I have to find it again and treat it before I wash it.

I worked on the pillowcase that Donna asked me to do for QOV. It went pretty fast. I was able to get it done before I sewed the binding on the quilt. I was sewing the binding together while working on this.

I was enjoying my kitty today. She's been keeping me busy when I can find her. She loves to crawl up in my "Indian style" sitting position. After awhile I have to move! My back doesn't care for it like it used to.

We had bowling tonight. I bowled a 178, 182, 178. Patrick bowled a 268. So he got the 600 series. I will try again on Sunday. We don't have bowling next Wednesday, so I'm going to be busy that day. We stopped at Safeway on the way home to pick up some stuff for Thanksgiving, as well as the turkey.

Enjoy the day and Happy Quilting!

Spent The Afternoon Volunteering With Mom

This morning I was up and getting supper ready for the crock pot. I knew I wouldn't be home till after 5:30 pm and really didn't wan...