Friday, December 16, 2016

Another Christmas Party for Quilters

Today I got an extra half hour of sleep. Then I was up ad off to the neighbors. After that, I came home and got the laundry going, mopped the kitchen floor, and started to vacuum he house, but only go the dinning room done.

Kitty came in for a short time and then I was off to pick up Ethel. I decided to take the VW that we have for sale. It has seat warmers and I figured as cold as it is, it was nice to have my "buns" warmed. Ethel and I went to moms. Arrived with a few already there. We chatted and stitched.

I have the butterfly wings done, I basted the top wings of the dragonflies. Then I got one wing done. I felt pretty good about getting that much done today.....even when we were having fun.

We exchanged gifts, and I stole a gift from mom, then it was stolen from me. I ended up with the last gift - moms - and it was just stuff she was trying to get rid of. So, I gave them back to her. I didn't end up with a gift after all. The stuff mom was giving away was stuff she's had in a draw for a long time. She's been trying to get me to take that stuff for awhile. I liked the stuff I "stole" but I'm okay with that. I didn't need anything anyway.

Came home to the cat meowing at me for being gone. Then Patrick came home with pizza. We had a water meeting tonight.

I printed out my next part to my cross stitch SAL. I'm ready to work on it again.

As of last night, this is where I am with the "Nantucket Rose" cross stitch. The white apron is almost finished. I'm having fun with working my way up. The roses are showing back up on the right, so I'm getting into the confetti again.

Life is good. The season is going great. My brother will be here this evening (in the area). Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but so far today is going great. Happy Quilting!

Family Is Starting To Arrive

I just realized I hadn't posted yesterday. Funny how that happens. One minute I think I did, the next minute I realized I didn't. ...