Tuesday, December 6, 2016

QOV meeting Day

Today started out with no walking. Then went to help my neighbor. We have another neighbor moving in. They bought the house across the street. Guess they don't speak English, so not sure how that's going to work out.

Got moving early because I needed to go to Michael's before going to Olympia. Also had to stop at the doctors office and fill out some papers. It didn't take long, but it needed to be done.

Drove up to Olympia for our meeting. I figured I'd go to the meeting and see what was going on. Funny part was, our leader had car trouble and even the help she was getting had a battery go out on the car. So, we waited about 1 1/2 hours for her to come in. She told everyone to go to lunch and she'd be there when everyone got back. I decided to come on home. I didn't have anything to work on. I did pick up some fabric for the eagle wings. I will make some "kits" up for the eagles. I need to get those going this week and put them in my box for my applique meeting days. I gave Judy H my eagles for dad. I gave her the fabrics I was using or thinking of using in the quilt. I asked her if she would do that quilt for me. She said she would. I told her what I was thinking but just couldn't get moving on doing it. She said she would see what would work. I also told her if she bought anything, I'd pay her for the work. That way I can give dad this quilt for his QOV presentation. I'm not sure what I'll do for the quilting. I may call Dian and see if she would be willing to do it for me.

Came home and enjoyed a couple hours of Miss Kitty being in the house. She has a "safe" place under the table. She moves around from one chair to the next, but is relaxed and seems to be happy.


Last night I worked on this. I found an "a" in the pattern, but there wasn't a number for the color. I emailed the "support" for Lavendar and Lace patterns. I got a message today telling me the number, and when I looked on my pattern, it was marked a "2." I think that must me a first pattern. I was surprised to get an awesome message back on this. She was quick! Considering the designer of these patterns passed away 4 years ago. I was thrilled there is someone out there answering the emails. I took a photo of the list and sent it to her when she told me it was the second one down on the right side. Told her I must have an older version.


I printed out my Part 5 of my Beuatiful Sea Quaker last night. Today, I was able to get started. I'll do more tonight. I'm hoping to get it done or close to being done tonight. Then I can wait for next weeks Part 6. I like what others have done on theirs.

So, today was a busier day then I've had in a while. PLUS it's a busy week again. Hate these weeks where it's busy, then the next week is very little, and back to busy. Both quilt groups are meeting the same week, and I really hate that. Oh, well. I'm not doing much with applique lately. That may or may not change.

In the meantime - Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...