Friday, December 2, 2016

The Waiting Game

This morning we were all up at 5:30 am and out the door by 6 am. We went to Ihop for breakfast. I didn't eat much, but we had a good breakfast. My brother and sister-in-law arrived last night at about 11:30 pm, so we got to see them today. I thanked them for coming.

We all went to the hospital by shuttle at 7:00 am. We were early, as dad was due to check in at 8 am. We waited in the waiting room. Dad checked in and I helped out with making sure all the information was there. Dad signed a lot of forms, but that seems to be normal these days. Then we sat and waited....and waited...and waited. Apparently there was an emergency that got in before dad. So, by 11:15 am he finally got in for surgery. We then moved over to the West room waiting room. They had a cafeteria right next to the room. We went and got something to eat in groups. Mom, Patrick, and I got hamburgers. We sat and ate. Then we went back in and Patrick and Chris went to get something to eat. I had a headache from sleeping with a mask that had perfume. It took till lunch time to finally get rid of it. I was also feeling claustrophobic in the waiting room. The first one was on the ground floor and the other one was in the basement. No windows. I wasn't feeling great, but I figured that might be the food or even no having fresh air.

 
I appliqued the butterflies while at the first waiting room. Oh, how I hate waiting! But we did fine.


I took out my floss for the pattern I was going to start last night. I needed to get some of the floss organized and wrapped.


So, I wrapped a few of the floss that I had. I noticed I had a couple dup's after I wrapped them. No worries, I can always use them. I need to get my gold floss for the pattern as well. 

At least I was able to work on a couple things....even though I forgot a thimble and magnifier. 

Dad was out after an hour and forty five minutes. The doctor came and showed us on his phone what he did. It was amazing! He was able to get through it in good timing. Doctor said he could go home today. So, he was getting discharged at 8 pm tonight (should be at the hotel now). We (Patrick and I) decided to leave and beat the rush of traffic - that was 2:30 pm. 


We walked to the hotel. 


This is the view from Harborview Medical Center, Seattle.


We walked about 8 blocks. By the end of the day, I was close to my 10,000 steps. Not bad considering I haven't reached that in awhile.


We hit the traffic. Took us three hours to get back home. We did stop at Costco. Bought our Christmas gifts. Now we are good and ready for Christmas.

It's nice to be home.....Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...