Sunday, May 7, 2017

A Day of Applique - And Helping a Friend

This morning I enjoyed staying in bed a little later. Then I was up and enjoying my time with Kitty. She didn't last long. It's such a beautiful day today. So, she headed outside and I haven't seen much of her all day. Patrick was working out in the yard, so she was following him. He worked his butt off in the yard.

I just did laundry and worked on the quilt block for HMAS group. I'll take it to them on Thursday and then I won't have to worry about doing it later. I am serious about getting as much applique done in the next couple days as I can. I want to get them off my "to do" list.

Ruthie called and said she locked her keys in her trunk and could I bring her the extra key. So, I did that. I laughed at her because she's never done that before. She usually put her keys in her purse, but this time she left in the truck while she was taking stuff out.


I have this almost done. I'm hoping to have it finished tonight. You can't see the stars because they are an off white with red in the center. I could have done the leaves in the off-white but wanted to do something different.

My day was laundry and appliqueing. I made some cookies from a box. To me, they taste like they were out of a box. I don't know why people buy boxed cookie mixes. I'm going to make a dessert tomorrow.

Tomorrow is our Brazilian embroidery meeting. I think we will have all our stuff done for the gifts at Seminar. I'll try and show what we made when I get one.

In the meantime - Happy Quilting - Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...