Thursday, February 22, 2018

Spending The Day With Mom

It snowed more last night. Soooo, this morning was all white. It was gorgeous!

Patrick said to wait till 10 am before going out. I decided I would. We had quilting at the shop today, and I wanted to go in and say hi. So, I relaxed in the morning. Played some games, and then about 11 am, I left.

Arrived at the shop to find a lot of quilters there. Was surprised given all the snow out there. They had the quilt put together that we all worked on.


The eagle is the one I made. It's the upper left side. I like the way they put this together. It's different, but it's pretty.

I then left and went to get mom. We left to go to the vets to get another "cone" for the dog. Daisy broke the cone she has. Plus she rip the staples out of her ear. So, she's going to have a split in her ear now. We bought 2 cones to in case she brakes this one.

We then stopped in to check on dad. He won't be coming home tomorrow at this rate. Apparently he bled while in surgery, and he needs to get his blood level back up. They didn't do a transfusion today, and I'm hoping they don't have to tomorrow. He didn't eat much, and he was getting sick. He's looking good, just not feeling up to it right now. So, we'll see. I'm a lot like him, we don't do things "normal" we always have something go different or surprise the doctors with something.

We then went back to mom's. We pulled out the fabrics for the 2 Hawaiian quilts we are going to work on. Mom had some fabric she liked for her quilt and it's 108" wide, so we didn't have to sew any of the fabrics together. She had a bolt of the 108" wide white fabric that we cut for both quilts. Then we ironed the one white and folded it as we went on. Mom was going to work on my top fabric and not sure if she is going to finish her two. If not, we'll do it tomorrow. We cancelled the quilt group tomorrow, so I'm going to go over and we'll work on both quilts. First is mine, and then we'll do mom's. It will take a couple days to do them, but we are getting started on it. The pinning and basting is going to be the longest time on them.


Mom was cutting some of these "leaf's" last night for the quilt we were going to do. I brought home a pattern piece and marked the fabrics. Then I cut them out.


Don't have a lot done, but I will do some more tonight. It's mindless thinking tonight. If I can get a few of those done, then I can take them over to mom tomorrow. I don't mind cutting them out. It is relaxing.

So, I haven't touched my genealogy - which is running out - and I haven't done my cross stitch in a few days. I need to get back to that as well.

In the meantime, stay Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...