Monday, June 9, 2014

Busy Day

Today was another one of those busy days. I didn't get much done, but the day went by fast!


I spend the day at my parents. Dad got back from his doctors appointment and found out he has arthritis in his knee. While we waited on dad, mom and I watched a "Miss Marple" show. We worked on the bees of the Honey Bee blocks. We had 5 done. Mom finished the one she started (number 4) and I was able to get half of the bees on the block. So, by the time we were done, we had 5 1/2 blocks done. We have 24 1/2 more to go! lol

When dad got home, we pulled out his 1941 Cadillac out of the garage. Then the three of us started going through boxes and stuff that my parents put in the garage for storage. We were looking for mom's quilt patterns the other day, but they didn't seem to show up today. The one thing that drives me nuts, is I end up bringing a car load home for garage sale and things that I wanted. Mom has a way of "here, you want it?" and then it's gone. LOL  BUT the best part is that we have cleaned up some of the stuff they don't want or can't use any more. Since they moved into their new house, they have way to much stuff, and needed to weed it out.

 
Came home and put some of the stuff away. I did get fabric from mom that was given to her, and we went through what we wanted. She didn't have the storage she used to, so I'm going to add it to my stuff. - AND NO, I'm not done with organizing it. Patrick was asking about that too. I need to get back down there and get it done. When Katt gets here tomorrow, I'm going to go over what she wants me to do with the black and white fabrics I've collected from friends. (Ouch! Another project!!)

I had to go to Michael's to pick up some plastic "sleeves" for my floss. I bought some of those, and what did I do??!! I bought more floss as well!! When will I learn??!! So, when I got home, I pulled out my boxes and now I'm rolling some floss and getting the boxes out. I'm going to try and get all the colors in order from what I have in 4 boxes. - Patrick was wondering when I'll be done organizing the floss! lol - What he doesn't know - too funny!

Tomorrow afternoon will be back at mom's to help her finish what we started. Dad's going to wash his car and put it out there on Facebook for sale. Should be interesting. Last night I did get one block done with the others not far behind.

So, tonight will be rolling floss and getting the boxes in order - I hope! Wish me luck for being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...