Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Enjoyed An Afternoon With Mom

This morning I got started on laundry. Then I enjoyed a few games. I actually slept in till 8:45 am when Patrick texted me. I was shocked that I slept that long - and didn't get up once! Guess I needed the sleep.

Mom came over this afternoon and brought some "leftover" bacon and tomatoes. So, I fixed us a BLT. It turned out pretty good.

We worked on the puzzle for a couple hours. We then went downstairs and pulled out some fabrics for her to use on the nine patch quilt we are working on. It's actually the same design as the nine patch we worked on downstairs -


The difference between this one and the one she's doing is that it's in purples and white. Should be interesting how it comes out. This is the one I started last year. We worked on getting more done. I like the way it looks in the photo! There are a couple colors I need to get away from each other, but otherwise it looks pretty good. I have about 6 more big blocks to do. We did a total of 3 while we were down there today. 

We then came back up and worked on the puzzle again. Got supper when Patrick got home. She eat with us and then went home. She brought Daisy with her, so I would take her outside to enjoy the yard. It was a beautiful day today! Sun out and warm. Even though downstairs was chilly, I turned on the fireplace. 

After mom left, I got started on working on the cross stitch again. 


It's going pretty fast. I'm really beginning to feel like I'm catching up! I'm liking the looks of this. It's really not my kind of a piece, but to be totally honest, I love this piece. Not sure where it will fit in the house, but I do like it. I may have to rethink how I'm going to do my walls. 

How was your day today? Hope you were able to get a lot done as well. 

It's always satisfying to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...