Thursday, April 19, 2018

Enjoyed Volunteering Today!

This morning I was up and out the door early. I arrived at moms around 9:00 am, to find her back in bed. She had a rough night and was napping before I arrived. Then we went into the living room, where she fell asleep again till about 11 am. That's when her neighbor came in to see her. We needed to get moving but there were a few things that we need to do first.

I took the dog for a walk. Then we headed over to "Reborn" thrift shop. They sell really good clothing. They are pretty much new clothes at a discount price. All the procedures go to the church. The church uses some of the money for the day care. I found a shirt that I really liked. It doesn't look like anyone ever wore it. We worked the counter till about 4 pm. I got a kick out of the gals not knowing how to use the credit card on the phone. I asked that when I got there, so it was easy to learn. I was just happy to be able to use it and I taught mom and the other gal how to use it. They wanted to know if I wanted to help out again, and I said yes.

We stopped at the grocery store on the way home. Mom was falling asleep so, wanted to get her home.

I got home. Then I pulled out the table runner and started working on quilting the areas that mom didn't get.


She did the quilting in "the ditch." Not my favorite part of quilting, but I'm actually enjoying this. 


I like the pattern and she did an awesome job of piecing!!

May finish it by the weekend!!

Let's keep going and stay Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...