Friday, April 27, 2018

Quilt Show Today

Today was the Christian School Quilt Show. All the proceeds goes back into the school. It's a great show! Most of the quilts are hand quilted.

So, I knew mom would be working at the quilt show selling raffle tickets. She really didn't want to be involved with the show this time, because she and dad always did it together. Even when she wasn't doing the quilt show (they had a quilt show for 20 years here in Centralia), dad was always going and enjoying the show as much as she was. I decided I would meet up with her at noon and we'd do lunch together. As it turned out, I met up with her and Ethel. We had the potluck lunch in the back room. It was soups. I had some chili. It was pretty good.

When I arrived, one of mom's quilter friends saw me and showed me all of her quilts - they had them displayed in the entry area. She took me all around the show as well, chatting and telling me about the quilts. I did good till we came around the corner and dad's QOV quilt was on the wall. I started crying. Trouble was, Jeannie got me going when I walked in, by telling me her bad day yesterday,being the anniversary of her brothers passing, her in laws passing, and it being her Birthday to boot! So, every time I walked back into the quilt show, I cried. People were looking at me wondering why I was so upset. On top of that, I ran into a lot of my quilting friends and they asked how I was doing - NEVER ASK ME THAT - because I started crying all over again. I much have spend the last 48 of crying 9 hours or more! It just hits and I can't stop. The interesting part - dad knew it would be hard on me and tried to prepare me, but nothing in this world would have prepared me for all this.

After lunch, I went to the funeral home and picked up dad's ashes. I took them home to mom. I had him in the front seat and said, "I'm taking you home, dad." I put his ern next to his chair. I was at moms by 1:30 pm. She had called to ask where I was, and I told her I had to wait to get dad. Then I told her "dad's in the front seat." I think she thought I was going mad!


Went around the yard and took photos. She's got some really pretty flowers growing.

I realized mom had to be at the neighbors, so I came on home.


This is the quilt frame that Donna gave me. I'm not sure how it goes together, but I'll look that up when I decide to try it out. It's supposed to be one of the top frames out there. I'm just not sure how big it will quilt.


I went back to watching TV and working on my cross stitch> i"m really liking the way the variegated thread is working out. It's really turning out pretty.

Well, I'm another day without my new computer. I'm back to my old lap top. Not really sure how much longer this will last either. I need to get my photos transferred to a thumb drive and call it good. At least tonight this is working out fine. I'm seeing the battery life is very little, and it is a new battery, so thinking the lap top is getting close to its last legs.

Okay, off to try and finish April's design, so I can be caught up for the time being. June I won't be so lucky.

How has your day been? Hopefully - Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...