Thursday, May 31, 2018

A Day of Volunteering Again

This morning was up and moving. I needed to get to the bank, Walmart (yea, I know), and mom's. I wanted to be there before 9 but the bank doesn't open till 9 am. I was at the bank right at 9 am. 

Headed to Walmart - yep, my favorite store (NOT) - and picked up some batteries for my camera. Had to get shampoo too, since I noticed this morning I had maybe one more wash to go and then no more. Thought we had plenty! Good thing I didn't get in the shower and find out we didn't have any at all!

Mom and I enjoyed some quilting time together and watched "The Good Witch" on her Netflix. She has been watching them from the beginning, so I was getting in on it in Season 2. I still don't know what happens in the one we were watching before we had to head over to Reborn.

Mom and I were scheduled to work at Reborn. I stopped and got us lunch and met mom at Reborn. She was leaving early because of physical therapy for her shoulder. I worked from 1:30 pm to 5 pm. It was quiet after mom left. I think I sold about $7 with of stuff in the last 1 1/2 hours. Mom called at 4:15 to see how I was doing and see if she needed to come back. Told her, "no." Then she told me she was going to the movies with my brother's sister-in-law. They were already together. Bet they went out to eat as well.


I was able to get these 3 done. Now I have 21 completely finished. I have about 19 more to go. I'm okay with that. I'm getting there.

Came home and decided I wanted to take a walk, so I called Cherrill and we walked. I'm happy to say I walked 10,000 step today so far. I haven't done that in a very long time. I was thrilled Cherrill wanted to walk. We've been trying to get more walking in lately. Hopefully when Seminar is over, we can get more walking in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can walk again tomorrow before the weekend gets here. Katt will be here Saturday.

Tomorrow is quilting at moms. She just called and asked if I would take Daisy for her walk in the morning. I will. Guess she stepped wrong and pulled a muscle. I'm hoping to get some quilting done on Katt's quilt. I need to work on that as well.

It's been a long day and I'm ready to just sit and relax. Maybe play a game or two before going to bed. Volunteer work is so much fun, and I'm sorry I won't be able to help them out anymore. I was really getting into it again. They close their doors June 24th, so I won't be able to help them out. June is going to be a fun and sad month all in one, for me. We will be taking dad to Tahoma National Cemetery on the 22nd. Time is flying.

Not sure if I will be posting next week. It's a busy month as I said, and I'm not sure I will be able to post next week. I'm thinking we will be without computers and tablets, and calling it an "off the grid" week.

In the meantime, I'll continue to post for now and pick it back up in a week. Have you had an "off the grid" kinda week? How did it go for you? Are you like me and go through withdrawal?? Let me know how it is for you!

Keep up with the fun, and be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!



No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...