Friday, August 2, 2019

What A Day

This morning I was up early. Then I was getting ready to head to moms but got a call from the coordinator of WA's QOV. We chatted for over 30 mins. She's an awesome lady! I couldn't get into the program that helps me keep track of the quilts and veterans. We both have the same ideas for QOV. We both have groups that do the bright colors of quilts and don't do the darker colors.

Then it was time to leave, and I was already late. I had planned (YEA I KNOW!) to go to the library and then stop to get a Chai Tea......ouch. Instead, I drove down the road and saw that all the power was out....called mom and she said the power was out at her place as well. So, I drove through both towns in the dark - not really but you get the idea. I couldn't go to the library or Starbucks because there was no business in the dark. Oh, well.

Poor Ethel, her apartment still has bed bugs. She's still living with her son for awhile. I went and got her the information for an apartment at Stillwaters. They have a long waiting list. I was told 75 people are waiting for an apartment. I told Ethel to put the application in anyway.

I worked on my binding. Then I started to  put the label on the back. I asked Bev if she wanted to give the quilt to her brother on the 7th. She said yes she would like that or an eagle. Told her the eagles are in Sept and that's full.


I just need to finish the one side of the label.

Came home and listened to the CD before Patrick got home. I wanted to do the beading, but instead I put the slides that was in my box, into boxes. I'm taking them back to moms and she can buy the CD's that the slides will be transferred to. I'm not spending any more money on those photos. I have the negatives from my grandparents but I don't want the negatives from when we were younger or the ones that dad did. I have boxes ready to go to my brothers. I am giving them the opportunity to decide if they want them or if they want to throw them out. I'm so tired of getting this stuff and having to decide what to do with it. If I wasn't doing genealogy, I would just throw it all away. But I end up going through it and taking out what I need.....and that takes WAY too much time. I have 2 more boxes to go through and mom said today I have another box in the garage.

After Patrick got home we went to the movie, "Hobbs & Shaw." It was really good. It's the first one we went to. Patrick said there are other movies of those 2. Scott told Patrick there are 8 movies. I guess we have a few movies to see to get caught up.

So, at least today I can say I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...