Saturday, August 31, 2019

Starting A Busy Week Early......

This morning I enjoyed a few games. Then it was time to go pick mom up for the movies.

We picked up mom and took her to the movie "Lion King." We all really enjoyed that movie. It was interesting to see how the animals could talk. I would love to know how they did such a good job on getting so real.

After the movies, we went to Arby's to eat. We all had a good time. Mom was thrilled to get out again. We hadn't done much with mom lately and I think we will pick it up more. May take her to more movies.

We had a couple hours left between going to Arby's and bowling. I went downstairs to work on Dian's binding. I would show the quilt, but I can't because I didn't get her okay. I can show the work I'm doing though.


I went on Youtube to see how to do the "Facing" binding. Why in the world they call it a facing binding I don't know. It has nothing to do with facing - or at least the facing in sewing I knew. Any way, I did a sample to see how it turns out. It worked out pretty good.


This is how the front would look. I don't understand why they just don't call it  a back binding or a Dutch binding.

Okay back on track. Once I figure out how it works, I sewed the binding on Dian's quilt.


Now I have to turn it and sew the opposite sides first, then the other sides. Once it's turned. I ironed it. I almost think I made the binding a bit big, because I don't think it needs to a big binding. I cut it at 1 1/2" and folded it in half. I forgot that when I sew it down, I won't be wrapping it around the edge, I will be folding right to the back. I think the next one I do will be 1" instead.

Then it was off to bowling. I wasn't doing so good. I haven't gotten back to my average, and I'm not happy that I haven't figured out the speed yet. I'm working on it. I have a hook that I didn't have before. So, it's taking a little to figure it out. I'm doing good with the spares, so really can't complain too much.

Tomorrow is shopping, Monday is friends, Tuesday is back up to Olympia, Wednesday QOV presentations and bowling, Thursday is back up to Olympia, and Friday is something else. So, this week is busy and just getting started. Will be interesting to see if I get everything I need to get done, done. Wish me luck.

I'm Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...