Friday, April 11, 2014

Enjoying Embroidery Work on Quilt Blocks.

Yesterday was a pretty busy day. I was able to get some embroidery done on my quilt blocks while being at our quilt group.


I had a good 90% of the embroidery done on this by the time the quilt group left. We all had a great time and stayed longer than we usually do.


Here is a better photo of the completed block. I'm happy to report that I have now got two of the Baltimore Liberty blocks done.

I realized after doing that and starting the next block that I still need to finish the last block of the Affairs of the Heart quilt.


So, last night, I sat down and put the stem on the basket blocks. I still have a few more stem to do, but it's coming along. I will then applique the basket down, and get that basket done. I still need to work on how I'm going to do that for the other block. I need a light box, so I will probably take my ott light and put it on the other side of sliding glass door. Not to that point yet. lol


So, what is it about having a table clear - that everyone (including me) puts stuff on the table and goes back upstairs?!


Put a few things away today, got tired of seeing all that on the table.  Still need to put more away!


I asked my group if they had any "extra" "scraps" in black and white that they wanted to get rid of - I'd take them. Not that I need more fabric! But Katt asked me if I would do a black and white quilt for her. Now I need to let her know I have the fabrics and she needs to tell me what pattern she wants made out of them.


This is my quilt frame with my quilt!! Can you see the mess?!! I can't believe I move stuff from the table to the frame and back again! I still need to put this stuff away as well! I did get some of it put away, but still have a long way to go. I am getting organized though. Would you believe I was asked about the blocks that I started at retreat last year. I told her I would get the pattern so she can get a copy of it. Would you believe it took me 20 mins looking for that darn pattern??? I had it on the table, OH, guess what?! I organized my projects!! So, where did I put it?? After 20 mins I realized I actually put those quilt project in a plastic box. That was yesterday, and I took the box to my friend that asked for it. Trouble was, it put me that much more behind my schedule for the day! Ugh! I organize myself so well that I can't find what I'm looking for! GO Figure!!

Okay, now I'm going to try and get some more quilt related stuff done while Charlie is in my lap! She's not easy to type around on the computer, and she keeps moving closer to the keyboard to try and get my attention. ugh. I'll see what  I can get done tonight, with her in the middle of everything. May you have better luck being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...