Monday, April 7, 2014

Now I Can Get Back to My Projects.

Yesterday was spent away from the house, so I didn't have any quilting to report on. We had bowling last night as well, and I'm happy to report, I'm keeping up with my average lately.


This morning I went out and got a few photos of the flowers and plants that are coming up in the yard. This is the flower that my Hawaiian quilt has in it. I can't ever remember the name of it. The other one is the columbine flower.


Our tulips are coming up, and I love some of the colors we have.


I had fun taking this photo! I didn't know how it would turn out, but I'm loving this photo.


This is another one of the tulips out in the yard. It's so different, and I'm really liking the effect it has.

Today, I was doing laundry all day while working on surveys on line. I like to be able to make some extra money, so I do different surveys each day. My son got me onto a sight where I can do a lot of surveys and get paid better for them. I've been working on that sight for the past couple days. I'm really liking all the different ones I can do.

After doing the surveys, I decided I better get the friendship block done. I hated working on it. It wasn't because of the design, it was more the fabrics. I had such a hard time working on it. My stitches are bigger than I like, but it was so hard to get a needle through the fabrics. Plus when you use "sticky tape" it makes it hard as well.


I was at this point as of last night. There is a "strand" that I had to cut off. I also had to make a smaller bias tape strip to be able to finish this blocks.


This area was the hardest part of the whole block. I had to "square it" and it wasn't that easy. With the tape on the back, it was sticking together and making it harder to move the piece in the right spot. I did what I could. When the fabric doesn't want to cooperate and it doesn't let the needle "glide" through the fabric, then it's hard to do.


This is the finished block. I know Deanna wants a dog wood flower on this block, but I'm not going to do it. It will take too long, and I don't want to work with fabric that doesn't "glide" when you do applique.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get some embroidery done on my blocks. I may even pull the quilt back out and work on it.

This week is back to what I like. Spending the day by myself, working on what needs to be done, and getting a few things done. The last two weeks keep me on the go, and I found I wasn't too thrilled about having to go somewhere every day. I have quilting on Thursday, so it will be nice to get some projects done this week. I'm really looking forward to getting things done.

Life is good! Hope you all have a great week, and I'm going to plan on being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...