Thursday, August 28, 2014

Quilt Group Day

Today was our quilt group day. I was really surprised at how many people showed up! We had 13 members there, and most of them even beat me there. Usually I'm the first one there. We are working on blocks for the pot luck next month.

While at our meeting, mom called and asked if Patrick and I would like to join them for supper. My father and brother were in Seattle and had crabs. They went fishing for crabs today, and came home with 10 crabs.


Each one bigger than the first.


So we all had a great meal! I went over to mom's after quilting and help set everything up for when everyone arrived.


Well worth it!! Now that's seafood!! I realize I can't get this in Michigan, but I can enjoy it while I can! lol

While at quilting I worked on getting my baskets going.


I finished the basket as far as appliqueing it down. Now I need to work on the flowers and leaves.


Katt's block took me awhile to get the basket basted down. I just need to applique it down now. I'm thinking of doing the sides, top and bottom before appliqueing down the weave. I think it will make things easier than doing it the way I did my block. I'll think about that. Might work on that tomorrow at our meeting at mom's house.

Today was one of those busy days that one doesn't plan. One thing leads to another and before I know it, whatever I had planned just didn't happen.

Tomorrow will be another day of Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...