Sunday, January 4, 2015

Busy Day....Still Quilted!

Today was one of those days we decided to put the Christmas decorations away. Since we didn't have all that much to put away, it went pretty quick. The problem was when we decided to go through the stuff my Aunt brought to me, and put them away. Then we needed a table cloth, and I had to find one that fit the table. Well, those were in two places and they are all sizes. So, we ended up going into the linen closet and pulling them out from there. Since the closet was a mess, I started cleaning it out as well. Moved the quilted wall hanging up on the top shelve, moved the linens for the table in the dining room, and then went to the "blue room" and pulled out a few more quilts to go in the top shelf. In other words, four hours later, vacuumed and mopped the floor.


I started out working on this area, which is the middle of the border side.


I've gotten this part pretty close to being done. I need to put the last "echo" stitch in and it's done. That puts me closer to the corner.


This is where it was when I took the photo. This is going a lot better than I though it would. I can't use a frame to quilt, so I've been doing this all without a hoop. It works fast and easy. I have had to take some out, because I get a little carried away and get off track, or even make a big stitch.


This is where I am to get to the next "hump" in the border. So, it's going pretty fast. I should be pretty close to finishing it tomorrow.


That is when I don't have to deal with Charlie in my lap. She tends to get me to lean one way or another one. I need to quit leaning and move her, but I just don't have the heart to put her down.


So I deal with this.

Things are looking good from here. Mom called and said P3 Designs has another BOM going with 5" squares. I'm going to check it out, and I'll post the information tomorrow so you'll be able to get it too! Just what I need! Another project!! Oh, heck yea! I'm Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...