Friday, January 16, 2015

Another Quilting Day!

Today was a quick day. Seemed like the day went so fast. Our morning started out with me walking with Ruth. Before I headed out to meet up with her, (yes she was ahead of me) Patrick and I got the crock-pot going with beans. I started it, then ran out to meet Ruth, while Patrick put the spices in the pot.

After walking I went next door to play cribbage. I was skunked today....not the best way to start the day. Headed home and showered.

When I was done and ready to go, I arrived at moms by 9:30 am and there were 2 other quilters there already. Looks like they are starting to potluck it again, and I'm going to start leaving early if it keeps up. Not wanting to deal with the temptations.



While at moms, I worked on the leaves that I basted onto the block yesterday. I also worked on the basket itself. I have to applique down the wicker basket as well. I'm about half way with that part. I will finish the basket here pretty soon. It looks cockeyed but then by the time I put the flowers and leaves on, it won't look that bad. I'm hoping at least. I will say I'm NOT going to do another basket that has this much trouble to it. lol



This is going to be the last photo of the Hawaiian before it's finished. I will wash it and get it ready for a photo. It may take a few tries to get it right, but this is the last corner that needs to be done.

It's funny how I think of things to say on here while I'm working on each of my projects, and then when it comes to putting it down on paper, I forget what it was I wanted to say.

Once this is done, I will get back to working on my different applique projects. I need to get the border done on the Affairs of the Heart quilt top. I need to finish that up her pretty soon. Or it will be another one of those projects that takes 10 years. As if I don't have enough of those already! lol

I've been enjoying getting back into quilting and projects. It's a lot of fun, and I'm surprised at what I've been able to get done. I'm going to set up a page on here for other quilt blogs that would be fun to check out. If you would like me to include yours, send me an email. I'm looking for blogs that show what your doing, and a little about it. I don't want blogs that are "teaching" or "selling" as I don't like going to those blogs, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to either. May we all be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...