Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Love Days to Myself!

I got up and walked this morning, then headed to the neighbor for cribbage - yea, got skunked. Anyway, told him I couldn't eat breakfast with him anymore. I took an orange with me so I could eat that while he ate, but he refused to make himself breakfast. I hope he ate after I left.

Came home and found Patrick was thinking about me, because the fireplace was lit and going.


It was nice and warm downstairs. It was also one of those days that I could do whatever I wanted to do. It's called a Day BY MYSELF! YEA! That must have blown my mind because I couldn't keep myself busy down there. I did try to learn Pearle's (P3 Designs) technique. Then I realized I did it wrong, so will applique this first block down and then try again with the next one. I made some cornstarch starch for her technique which looks like fun.


I was able to use my new scissors, my son and daughter-in-law gave me. I love these scissors.


I will be using bright colors on this quilt. I sewed some of the squares I brought back from moms. I did mess up with cutting it down to the 5 1/2" square size. Oh, well. Only one of the blocks was messed up.


I made a few extra pieces to mix with the colors I use next week.


These are the three I did get finished. We were supposed to make 4, but like I said, messed that "puppy" up. So, I cut a few more. Then I trimmed it down to size. This was easier than I thought. I love the way you don't waste fabric. Some patterns today waste so much fabric it drives me crazy. So, I usually figure another way to save fabric. Pearle's good, no wasted fabrics.


I was supposed to have put this together "off the block" before putting it on the block. I just got ahead of myself. I'm going to applique this one and finish it at this stage. Then I'll put the flower on and get it appliqued. I like it so far, and look forward to using up scraps for this quilt.


Okay, now you can see my "current" guilt wall. I've got a lot done for both quilts, but still have at least 3-4 blocks to go. Times 2! The orange is really showing up in this quilt. I have been picking up orange fabric when I see it. Katt should be thrilled I stuck with her colors! But then again, she wants me to do a black and white quilt! I haven't started cutting those out yet. I'm actually thinking of using the "Rob Peter to Pay Paul" block for the black and white quilt. So, have you figured out - THAT'S another project that I haven't started?!  The bag of photos on the sewing machine is all quilts. I took a lot of photos at quilt shows. There is a huge bag of nothing but! Not sure what I will do with those. May go through and pick my favorites.


This is my design for the basket pattern I'm doing for Betty. I need to get that cut out and ready to applique. Still waiting, want to have my quilt done first.


This should get you an idea of where I am. I just need to finish this corner and then I'm done. Since taking this photo, I have finished the "hump" at the top of this photo. I'm heading to the last "humped" area. Doesn't look like a lot, but it's been going faster than I thought it would.


This is the center hump that I finished. Had to take some stitches out because it puckered a little, so I took the bottom part out and restitched. It is now finished. Now on to the next area.

I was watching some old movies today while working on the quilt. I came up to work on the quilt about 1 pm today. I've been looking at all that quilting and wondering "AM I NUTS!" The next one will be more traditional. But that won't be for awhile. I have a few more quilts to quilt! I also have a lot of applique I need to work on. I was thinking today.....I still need to do the borders of the "Affairs of the Heart" quilt that has all the blocks done. Let's see if I can get that done this year! If I do, I'll be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...