Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Worked On More Projects

Today was a good day, sort of. I did the usual walk and cribbage game. Won all three games. Came home, went downstairs and turned on the fireplace. It is still chilly down there.

Once I got down there, I pulled out the black and white fabrics and started cutting them into 5" squares.

I've had this stack for awhile.

I started cutting and didn't realize how long it takes to cut that stack. I've still got half of the stack to do.

Because of my shoulder pain, I had to cut with the rotary cutter but laying my arm on the ruler. It was a little uncomfortable at first, but I was able to figure it out. I didn't have the strength to hold the ruler with my hand, so had to figure a way to hold the ruler down to be able to do what I needed. I was looking at this photo and didn't realize my figures are so long! At least I got some stuff done.

I started out with a good stack different sizes. I got a good stack of 5" squares. I also cut out a few more squares of different sizes.

Then I remembered I had the blocks that need to be done for Monday. The group blocks for te Mt. t. Helens group.

Love this tool! It was awesome to use! I forgot I had it, till I saw someone else who bought one! I used to use it all the time. I hate sewing on the machine, and this has always been an awesome tool! So, I pulled it out, marked the lines, and sewed the blocks.

I finished them pretty quickly, but realized I was running into problems with the strips. I did the size they told me to do, but then realized I ALWAYS seem to be 1/4" off no matter how hard I try. Never fails. It almost failed today, I just had to take a couple apart and put them back together, but I was lucky! All my blocks were just about on, and I trimmed it to size. Good thing I was close enough. Otherwise I would have thrown it out! lol

I haven't worked on the table runner, because of all the cutting I did. Tomorrow is Thursdays applique group. Looking forward to it. Will keep busy and be Happy Quilting!


This morning I was up bright and early. As soon as the sun was up, so was I. It had finally cooled down around 3 am this morning..... We t...