Tuesday, April 5, 2016

An Enjoyable Meeting At Ruby Street Quilt Shop

Today started out with a good walk. After that, came home and got the car loaded with my sewing machine and supplies. Yep, that's what I said - sewing machine.

Arrived early at the shop and waited till it opened at 10 am. Our meetings don't usually start till 11 am, but in order to get a place to set up, needed to be there early. I set up my sewing machine and bought some fabric to work on. I didn't have as much QOV fabric as much as I wished. So, I knew I would be sewing some half square triangles.


I stacked and sorted the QOV fabrics. I pinned them to the sheets for the half square triangles. I was surprised at how much I was able to get done. I had an enjoyable time working on them, but after a while I decided to call it good. I brought home the ones I needed to iron. I can do that tomorrow.


This is what I did get done.


This is one of the quilts that the gal in green made. I have always loved the "Jewel Box" pattern. It looked good in the patriot fabrics. I may have to try that one later. (As I typed that, I noticed my dyslexia showing up - I had it "later one.")

I got home around 4 pm and started working on supper. Afterwards, I played a couple games. I haven't played the games all day! lol - Can't complain, I was thrilled that I put time in on the QOV quilts.

Donna worked on our quilt. It's really looking good! Can't wait to see it quilted! We have a quilter and she's going to leave the area around the applique alone. Donna and I will quilt around the applique by hand. I think that will bring it out more. I'm looking forward to getting it back.

Today was a good day for me. I enjoyed sewing on the machine - yep, I said that! I also enjoyed seeing what everyone did. There were more quilts done. One of the members is quilting on some of the quilts, so they are coming in faster. They showed 5 that he completed in the last month. He has a mind set of doing a quilt a day. He's done some nice quilts. They are the designs that the quilt machine does and not the "free motion." I really like free motion quilts. If I ever get a quilt machine that machine quilts, I will try to do the free motion. It's a lot more fun for me. (Even though I tend to get bored.)

May we all be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Another Blot On Life

 I haven't been able (or forgot) to do my blog. I am having to be in the hospital for a few more days.  On March 7th, my daughter's ...