Sunday, April 24, 2016

Back......

The last four days were busy and yet not so busy. So, I will try and give one a run down on what we were doing.

Wednesday morning we were up and running at 3:00 am. We had a 1 1/2 hour drive to SeaTac. We were told ahead of time that the lines with TSA were 3-4 hours long at times. We remembered hearing on the news to expect 3 hours. We didn't have to a lot of time to get moving. We did pick Phil up at his house and headed to the airport. To our amazement, there was no lines in the TSA. Rare for an airport of that size. We had "pre-TSA" and didn't have to take our shoes off or take anything out of the cases. It was a shock and we figured Judie was helping us out. After getting through the "not so" line, we met up with Katt who came in on her flight from Spokane. We enjoyed each other's company before Katt was off again to meet us once again in Chicago. We actually left an hour before her and waited for her in Chicago. We were able to be on the same plane to Green Bay. We picked up a car in Green Bay and drove another 1 1/2 hours to Gladstone, MI. There we were greeted by Patrick's family. We chatted for about another 1/2 hour.

The next morning we went out to eat with everyone.


Dennis and Patrick (brothers).


I ordered stuffed french toast with blueberries - think that's enough?! Woo! But BOY was it good! And NO, I did not eat the whole thing!

We then went to the funeral home where we had the viewing. We arrived around 2 pm and waited till 5 pm for the service at the funeral home. Patrick's speech was given by his brother, Dennis. It turned out very well. We then followed the casket to the church - across the street.

We then had mass for Judie. It was well done! She was a special woman and the Priest (Catholic - so probably said it wrong), did an awesome job. He even referenced to quilts! I was shocked and thrilled at the same time.

The flowers were beautiful and white. I loved the display they had.

The next day, we went out to eat - again - and then drove down to Marinette, WI to the burial services.


Again, the flowers were awesome! We were all given a rose, for those that wanted them. I did, and brought home 3 of them to press.


I put one of those on Patrick's great grandparents marker. Dennis placed some on his grandfathers. I told them how the tree went. They were able to see the family.

Judie was buried by the rest of the family - both Wiltzius and John families.

We all went out for Brunch with Judie's sister's family and then came back to Gladstone. We went out for "fish fry." We had a good visit with Patrick's brother, sister, and father. Wayne is looking good considering. We went through some of Judie's things and made a stack to be mailed to us. I got some of Judie's unfinished projects which I plan to finish for her. I will also get a few of her blocks that she started. There were blocks that she appliqued, and I was surprised! I didn't know she had done so much! She worked on applique!! I had no idea! I'm thrilled to see them and can't wait to work on them to finish them. I did take one of her quilts, and Katt took another one. I did get a few of the things I made for her back, and I left a few behind for anyone else to take. I gave one of the bags I made to my sister-in-law. She was thrilled to get it. I didn't want much. I did get a ring and necklace that Judie wanted me to have. I've been wearing the ring ever since. It's gold and "has a quilted pattern" that made her think of me. Now I can think of her by wearing it.


I found this hanging in the entry way of mom and dad's house. I had to take a photo of it, as it's Richard's metals. I loved what they did with it.

Yesterday was the opposite of Wednesday. We split in Chicago and meet back up in Seattle. Katt still had another hour for her flight to Spokane.


I did work on the basket while on on the plane to Chicago.


I did work on this, by finishing the rose on the way. Then I tried to work on the Mumms but not happy with the way it's going. I think I will work on a sample to see how to get this done! I'm going to take this out!

I have more to say about today, but will let it go for today. We went shopping for plants, and will show those tomorrow.

I know mom is looking down at us and watching me be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Another Blot On Life

 I haven't been able (or forgot) to do my blog. I am having to be in the hospital for a few more days.  On March 7th, my daughter's ...