Monday, April 18, 2016

Enjoying A Day of Quilting

Today we took our walk. Afterwards I got my quilts ready to take to the quilt class. I got the registration information together for the annual meeting. I then sent off a few emails explaining where I will be this week.

Once all that was done, I headed to mom's to give her the registration information to give to Nancy. Mom wasn't going to see Nancy, so I dropped it off. She was meeting at another gals house in the same area. Then I stopped to see Art to tell him we were still on for tomorrow.

After that, headed to the quilt shop for the hand quilting class. I took about 7 of my quilts to show my hand quilting. I brought my first two quilts. I even showed my first applique quilt that is falling apart. I also showed how I quilt. I was showing how I rock and how I hide my stuff. Everyone has a different way to quilt, and my way is another one. I forgot to take the tool I use to pull my threads when it gets hard.


I took Phil's quilt with me. I quilted on it while we were there.


I marked and started quilting the water area on the top middle block. I'm happy to say, I was able to get some stitching done! I got more done than I have been able to get in a long time. I seriously need to finish this quilt for Phil.

I went and got my hair trimmed. Then after that I stopped and got some nylons for the dress I'm going to wear. I just need to find the shoes I'm taking with me to wear. Really don't want to have to stop and buy shoes if I forget them.

I'm still doing the genealogy and it's fascinating at what I'm finding. There are mistakes, but I'll fix them when I get back to paying for ancestry. This way I will have the names and then go look for the documents that back up what I'm entering.

Tomorrow will be busy. Hopefully....Happy Quilting!

QOV Quilts

Donna has been awesome getting quilts done for QOV! Quilts of Valor quilts are for veterans. Here is one of the quilts that I'm dro...