Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Days Are Getting Long....

Today Ruth and I took a shorter walk. I think we did about 1.5 miles instead of 2.5 miles.

I had to get moving and get ready for our QOV meeting. I was able to get everything together, and I even remembered to take sharp rotatory blades since two of my rotatory cutters were bad. I got my sewing machine I noticed a break in my table.


I wasn't too thrilled to see the break, but I did know it was coming. I was trying to keep it with the small crack, but somehow it broke even more. It was hanging there, so I broke it completely off. UGH, those things are so easy to break, so I can be thankful it's lasted me almost 20 years.

I drove over to the hospital to see mom. She was looking really good and talking every well. She wasn't in any pain. I stayed about an hour then went to see dad and my nephews family. They were all having breakfast. Then I headed up to Olympia.

I made it in time to get a place for my sewing machine by Donna. I started working on the half square triangles.


Worked on those the whole time I was there. Gave the stacks to Donna to work on getting a quilt made out of them. The half square triangles on the right are the ones that I'm doing for dads quilt. He even mentioned he hadn't gotten a quilt from QOV yet. I know he wants one, so I'm going to need to get moving on getting his done. The quilt that Donna and I did was done. She is going to have it go to a friend of hers. She's going to make another quilt for his wife. They will both be getting a quilt since they both served. And the gal requested a quilt through the website. http://www.qovf.org/

After the meeting and after sewing till 3:00 pm, I went back to the hospital to see mom. I stayed till about 4:45 pm and then came home. It's now time to work on my cross stitch since it hasn't been touched in over 3 days....killing me!! Tomorrow won't be any better, because mom is coming home and I have to go and make sure the house is ready for her. My older brother doesn't leave till Friday, so I will make sure they are prepared to keep the germs at bay.

Life is good, mom is doing fine, and I'm tired.....Happy Quilting!

Hoping To Be Busy

I'm hoping that while I was on the cruise, I actually got something done. I took a couple cross stitch projects with me. One I was hopin...