Sunday, August 14, 2016

Applique and Cross Stitch - Nice Sunday!

This morning was one of those days, I was up early but Patrick wasn't. So, I enjoyed playing games.

After he got up and went outside, I started laundry (wanted the sheets outside to get fresh air), made applesauce with the apples Patrick brought in, and then pulled out my light box.


He brought in a box of apples and I had to take some down the road to Ruth. There is a lot more out there too. Guess I'm going to baking a lot of apples! I'm hoping Patrick will dehydrate them too.


I pulled out the light box and worked on the blocks for dad's QOV quilt. It took awhile.


I wasn't sure how I wanted to do the letters. I did work on them. Then I copied the "Security Service" patch that I had a photo of. I'm going to do that with embroidery, even though I really didn't want to do it that way. I'll work on it tomorrow at our group meeting.

I appliqued the USAF on the eagle block. I also got the face on.


I like the way it came out. I wanted the USAF to go in a circle so it worked out good. I just need to cut the "A" part out of the top.


I found myself getting a little confused on the diagonal, even though I was doing it right! So, I decided to try doing it on the diagonal by using it in the 10 x 10 frames. It will look like a jagged edge, but I think it will keep me on track better. I love using the "parking" so I'm going to see how this goes. I like it so far.

It's going so much faster then I expected. I like both techniques! I'm going to see which works better for me. I'm thinking the 10 x 10 squares on the diagonal will work. I'm not going to do them side by side, so that will make it just a little easier for me to keep track of what I'm doing.  I HOPE! lol

I'm getting a lot done lately and I'm thrilled things are working out! Things are going great - Happy Quilting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...