This morning was one of those days, I was up early but Patrick wasn't. So, I enjoyed playing games.
After he got up and went outside, I started laundry (wanted the sheets outside to get fresh air), made applesauce with the apples Patrick brought in, and then pulled out my light box.
He brought in a box of apples and I had to take some down the road to Ruth. There is a lot more out there too. Guess I'm going to baking a lot of apples! I'm hoping Patrick will dehydrate them too.
I pulled out the light box and worked on the blocks for dad's QOV quilt. It took awhile.
I wasn't sure how I wanted to do the letters. I did work on them. Then I copied the "Security Service" patch that I had a photo of. I'm going to do that with embroidery, even though I really didn't want to do it that way. I'll work on it tomorrow at our group meeting.
I appliqued the USAF on the eagle block. I also got the face on.
I like the way it came out. I wanted the USAF to go in a circle so it worked out good. I just need to cut the "A" part out of the top.
I found myself getting a little confused on the diagonal, even though I was doing it right! So, I decided to try doing it on the diagonal by using it in the 10 x 10 frames. It will look like a jagged edge, but I think it will keep me on track better. I love using the "parking" so I'm going to see how this goes. I like it so far.
It's going so much faster then I expected. I like both techniques! I'm going to see which works better for me. I'm thinking the 10 x 10 squares on the diagonal will work. I'm not going to do them side by side, so that will make it just a little easier for me to keep track of what I'm doing. I HOPE! lol
I'm getting a lot done lately and I'm thrilled things are working out! Things are going great - Happy Quilting!
This is a blog that shows my quilting, Brazilian embroidery, cross stitch, beading and more. It's a daily blog that shows how busy I can be with too many projects and how lazy I can get at times. Even boring at times. It was originally for my children who where miles away. Now, it's just a blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Another Day At Ada
This morning, Debbie came at the same time as yesterday. We set the tent back up. We spent the day at the car show. Today they must have ha...
-
Yesterday - Patrick had a rough night. I was watching him fall back in bed when he got up. I told him I would call 911 and he told me he w...
-
We were up at 6 am and out the door by 6:45 am. My first appointment was at 8 am. We were early and actually got in early for my next 2 app...

No comments:
Post a Comment