Sunday, January 22, 2017

A Day Of Baking

Today I was up early but Patrick slept in. Kitty was complaining about the door being shut downstairs. She keeps wanting to go into the spare bedroom down there. I shut the door to keep her out. She's always checking to see if it's open and howlers when she wants to go down there. I don't let her, so twice this morning I sent her back outside, but she kept wanting back in. I was surprised Patrick could sleep through her meowing! He did though.

I pulled out the sourdough from the refrigerator. I worked on both kinds. I was able to get two of them ready for tomorrow to bake. I will cut them in half and bake them separately. That way we can have smaller loaves, and I can take a loaf to Art and the folks on Tuesday. I made a garlic one as well. I'm hoping it will turn out really good. Since I'm not supposed to eat "carbs" I won't be eating it. At least I'm going to try not to eat it. I also need to quit eating sugar! I'm in need of getting back down to my weight I was at 2 years ago. I'm going to try and get down before our cruise.

I baked "scotch-a-roo's" for Patrick. As one can tell, he's already gotten to them! I also baked some of the oatmeal cookies I made the other day and put the dough in the refrigerator. I cooked about 18 cookies and will do the rest in another day.

While I was cooking and "kneading" the bread, I was also working on 'Nantucket Rose.'

I got the hand down with the flower. I also have most of the basket done. It's coming along great. I'm hoping to be able to get more done tomorrow. I didn't get near what I wanted to today, but I did get a lot of baking done. Can't complain. Patrick's happy because it's all stuff he'll eat.

We had bowling tonight. I bowled a 190, 190, 172. I messed up on one of the 190 games. I had a split in the 10th, or I could have had a 200 game. We took all four games. I was happy with the way it went. Our Wednesday night partners came to watch us bowl. Dad was there too. Dad stayed but our partners left in the beginning of the second game. It was nice to see them.

Looking forward to what tomorrow may bring! Happy Stitching!

Enjoyed An Afternoon With Mom

This morning I got started on laundry. Then I enjoyed a few games. I actually slept in till 8:45 am when Patrick texted me. I was shocked th...