Tuesday, January 31, 2017

A Fun Trip to the Dentist - NOT

Today I was up early but didn't get moving to Cherrill's for awhile. I went over around 9 am and realized I was there an hour. We talked about the way things are going in the country. We both had different sides and same sides of opinions. We didn't get mad, we just chatted.

I will say one thing and then I'll get back to my crafts - I know, I promise it will be short - I don't like putting politics on my blog. I lived all over the world. I saw how we were treated for being American. I also had to go through "strip search" at airports - AND I WAS YOUNG! I almost didn't make it out of Turkey because my "visa" was with the government of Turkey. They wanted me to wait till it came back (about 2 weeks). My dad had to pay the attendant to let me get on the plane. So, for us to "vet" those arriving I say - ABOUT TIME.

Okay, enough said. After visiting Cherrill, I came home and vacuumed the house, then mopped the floor. Kitty was going and coming at the door, waiting for me to finish what I was doing. Then she came in for about a half hour before I ended up at the dentists. I had chipped my tooth. So, today I was at my appointment. I waited a little bit before going in.

So, while I waited I was working on my stump. I was able to get a lot in while waiting for them to come back from lunch. Then when I went in, they told me they could fill my tooth instead of capping it. So, I was asked if I would like to fill it today or come back. I said, let's get it over! So, they put the shots in my mouth....OUCH....so, while I had to wait for it to numb, I was able to work on the stump some more. I'm happy with how much I got done.  don't have much more to go. Then they worked on my tooth. He was talking about the old drills that the dentist had to use his/her foot to get the drill to work - not something I wanted to REMEMBER! The sounds from the tools came back....good and loud! Then the more he worked the tighter I squeezed my hands together! Afterwards I told he I remembered those days and when he used that one tool - it sounded exactly like it did back then. The tools were hooked up on a big "arm" that rolled around with them! And that awful spit bowl! Not what I wanted to recall! An hour and a half later, I was out of there.....ugh.

Then I went to the store for some stuff we needed. Came home and unloaded the groceries.

Had about 30 mins before Patrick would be home, so I sat down and worked on my "Nantucket Rose."

Getting closer to the neckline and face. I'm looking forward to starting on her face! I know! I need to get back to the challenge. I'll try and work on it later, I really, really, want to get her face done first! lol

Enjoying my time with my Kitty!

So, all in all, today was an okay day. I hate going to the dentist!

Enjoyed An Afternoon With Mom

This morning I got started on laundry. Then I enjoyed a few games. I actually slept in till 8:45 am when Patrick texted me. I was shocked th...