Friday, June 1, 2018

Another Day With Quilting Friends At Moms

Today was a fast day in the morning. I was over to moms by 8:30 am. I had to get moving this morning. Mom wanted me to walk her dog. Just as I arrived, she had Daisy hooked up and ready to go. She was looking as if she was going to walk her. I took Daisy for a walk. While I was walking her I got a call from the state.

I had called yesterday to see where the investigation was on dad. She gave me another number to call. I called it while we were walking. Had to leave a message. Then when I got back to moms I got the return call. I asked how the investigation was going, and she told me it was "on going." They received it on the 9th and it has been in the works. I asked if she could tell me how it was going and if they found anything. Since she was the supervisor, she told me that she didn't have that information and the worker will let me know when she completed it. She was really nice, and said that it is taking some time to investigate. I'm thinking that it's been 3 weeks, and they are still working on it. My friend that's a nurse, told me it usually is done in a couple weeks. So, this tells me there is more to this investigation than they thought.

We had 7 of us quilting today. I worked on Katt's black and white quilt and got quiet a bit done. I have a few more rows done. I'm happy with the way it's coming along. I left the quilt at moms place.

After everyone left, mom and I went to Whalen Quilt Works. We picked up the bolt of black fabric and the floss I ordered for Brazilian embroidery. I left the bolt of black at moms because she's going to cut a border out of it. Then I'll bring it back. I paid for all of it. She's going to pay for the white that is 120 x 120" that we need for our Hawaiian quilts.


Came home and Cherrill and I went walking. This is the beautiful hanging plant she has in her yard! I loved the colors!

I went downstairs and put everything away. Now I just need to go back down there and vacuum. That will be tomorrow.

Patrick went to the movies and I stayed home. I got 2 more thread catchers done. Still have 19 more to go.


Then I decided I wanted to get more stitches in on this piece. I was able to get a few more before I needed to do my exercises. I figure every little bit helps. Now I need to buy the June pattern. I'll bet a couple of the people working on this has it done by tomorrow. Some of them are really quick and I've been slowing down on my cross stitching.

The the best part of today - I've actually been Happy Quilting and Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...