Sunday, June 1, 2014

A Beautiful Sunday!

Today was one of those beautiful days, where one can see the mountains bigger than life!


Even now while I type this, the suns out and looking great! I just took these two photos so you can see what a wonderful day can be!


Even my flower pots are doing awesome! I was out there earlier picking the "dead heads" off all my flower pots.

Now to get back to my quilting - I am getting closer with the blocks. I found out I need to cut more center black - now! Ugh. I have enough of the green for now, but the center black, I do need more. I also know I will need a few more black corner squares, so I need to be careful cutting the last of the fabric. There really isn't a lot left, so this may get tight.


I ironed the pieces I did last night, and I have enough for three blocks. One of the blocks just needs two sides put on and it's done. Another one has the center completely done, and I need to add the sides.


I have to cut more black, as I said before, so I may end up doing that tomorrow.


This is all the pieces I'm working with. It's getting there. I'm getting tired of working on them, and find that I don't get as bored when I get the centers done. The "five patches" are the ones I get bored working on. I shouldn't complain, it's better than trying to do them on the sewing machine. I've had a lot of people ask me why I'm doing them by hand. The main reason these are being done by hand - is because the ones that were done, were by hand. If I were to do the rest of them by machine, not only would everyone know I did them differently, it's also harder to "square them up."

I have 22 blocks done and at mom's house. Three of them have the bees done on them.

The next two weeks are going to be interesting - my son and his fiance will be getting married on the 14th. So, depending on what all goes on, depends on what I can get done. I'm excited about the wedding, and I'm excited to see my daughter again after 8 months of being away from her.

If all goes well, the next couple weeks, I'll still be Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...