Monday, June 2, 2014

Getting Organized with the Blocks.

Okay, I finally sat down and figured out what I needed to do for the quilt I'm doing for my mother-in-law.



I sat down and figured out what I had ready to piece, and what I needed to cut to be able to finish 8 blocks. The pieces at the bottom left, are three blocks that would be completed.


Instead of counting all the pieces I had and then figured out how many pieces I needed, I decided to do something different. I listed what I needed and the five blocks that I have yet to finish. I figured out what I had and what I needed, then added up the amount - giving me the total of what fabric I needed. It seemed a lot quicker than doing it the other way, and my brain worked a lot faster that way! lol


I was a little worried about not having enough of this fabric. I was thrilled to find out worked out great, and I have a little left over for "just in case." Now the fun part is not to cut it wrong and have to use that "just in case" fabric. There isn't a lot left over, so I need to be very careful from here on out. **sigh**


I was able to get the 17 pieces cut out of the strip I cut from the purple. I have enough of the purple to use it for the borders. I also have enough of the green and "gold" to use on the border as well. 


I ended up marking all the pieces I cut. Now, I'm good to go with the blocks. I have three blocks that are really close to being done. That leaves me the five left. I'm looking forward to getting these done.

Today, I got a lot done! I did laundry, worked on the blocks, and actually sat and read part of my book! I have been getting free books off "Bookbub." It's awesome. Hard to believe I gave up the computer to read! lol - I do run in streaks. I tend to play on the computer more, but today, I didn't. Now I'm more interested in reading then playing. That must be a good thing! (At least I can hope!)

I did get a notice that I'm on Jury Duty starting in July. UGH. I really don't mind too much, but it's a pain when you don't know from one day to the next if you have to go in for jury duty. I'm going to try and make sure I have enough projects ready to work on for when I do get called in.

Still Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...